Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Universal Technical Institute in Watsonville, California - Community college or UTI?

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience but have been unable to reach you using the contact information you provided. We will continue to try to connect with you.
Poor customer service

I will be honest, I am not a great student. Average C & B in my classes throughout high school.

I felt that going to a 4 year college straight out of high school was too much for me to handle. Especially since a classic classroom isn't what I call motivating. But I have worked on cars with my dad since I was little, now don't think this means I know a lot about cars. Just enough to know how to change tires, oil, but that's about it.

I found out about UTI and it seems like this is a point in my life where I can finally do something good for my life, but still am debating about going forward with the steps to attend UTI. So if anyone can help me out with info or even advice PLEASE do so.

Universal Technical Institute - Program Review from Orlando, Florida

Not as described/ advertised

This is the type of school that you BUY a diploma from, not earn it. This is the only reason why this school is so expensive.

Pay WAY less somewhere else and earn it.

Universal Technical Institute in Sacramento, California - Bored student, terrible housing, dropped balls

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. UTI offers assistance with obtaining housing for students as our campuses do not have traditional on site student living quarters. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns in person.
Review
Cons
  • Student services
  • Administrative staff
  • Conduct standards
Bad quality
Tags
  • uti universal technical institute
2.0

UTI is a school for kids who have NEVER had an auto body class, with limited experience with tools.

I felt my son was safe with the dress code, drug testing and student housing. WRONG!!

I was not able to resolve financial aid issues at the Sacramento campus. I had to call the one in Arizona. This was three weeks of my time.

I dropped my son off at school the first week of August. I had to fly out to Sacramento (from SLC) the last week of October. Something was wrong. My son had to move from his current apartment to another one with the boy who he shared his room with.

When I arrived, my son was depressed with dark circles under his eyes. Apparently, the other three boys had night classes. My son's were in the morning. They had been keeping him up all night with parties and over night guests (both of which are against the rules). The two other boys in the other room did not help clean. One of the had anger issues and was drawing penises on the items with permanent marker. His actually roommate drank almost every night. My son was the only one who worked.

When we went to move to the new apartment (the other parents were there as well) *** roaches, other bugs and an over flowing trash with mold greeted us. Along with an arrest warrant for one of the students. Drugs were being cooked in the apartment two doors down.

When we returned to the original apartment, the parents found a leaky kitchen faucet, broken chair and a filthy apartment. My son and his roommate confirmed, independent of each other that work orders had been placed and it was six weeks before they fixed it.

I called my son's recruiter. The other parents called the housing director who told them "Its Halloween weekend. I am at a softball game and cannot help you." I called my son's recruiter. He got on the ball he told me that the President of the school and the housing director would call me. They never have (three months later).

My son told me the rest of the story: he never had a pass to get on to the property at night. He spent six weeks parking on the street. His roommate were up all hours of the night with girls over. Alcohol was allowed in the apartment, as long as it was out of sight. He had been going to school and working six plus hours returning to a filthy place and a roommate screaming at him because he moved his melon.

My son has returned from UTI the first week of January. I have still not heard from the president, housing director. He has 5k in debt and learned NOTHING.

When I voiced my frustration to the academic adviser, the key phrase was "we dropped the ball." It is the go to phrase. UTI is very excited to tell you about the program. However, there is NO follow through. If you send your child here, prepare to have a full time job keeping the ball rolling.

Testimonial
I’ve always had a passion for cars, so after high school I decided to attend UTI. I chose UTI over other schools because of their reputation and professionalism. My skill level before I started was very minimal. I felt at home at UTI and the instructors were very...
Good quality

Universal Technical Institute - Program Review from Los Angeles, California

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Not as described/ advertised

My son paid over 30,000.00 dollars and is making 12.00 dollars an hour. The school made promises about their future!

This hasn't come true .now fast food will be making 15.00 per hour with no education and my son still paying on a 30,000.00 dollar loan. I feel that they promise alot and delivered nothing.

Universal Technical Institute - Review in Education category from Orlando, Florida

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your learning experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns personally.
Pricing issue

Would you pay $40,000 to go on the internet and teach yourself? Cause that 's what this PoS school make you do. Avoid this place.

Universal Technical Institute - Uti Education Review from Seagoville, Texas

Bad quality
1.5

this school its NOT WORTH its not like what they show on Tv a local community college will teach the same thing for less For (uti) hands on training means like 4 to 8 people in the same group trying to do one thing at the same time EX:Trying to change an injector, cylinder head, alternator, etc etc, and the labs are not that long so hardly anytime to get any practice

and most of the time we just read from a book and the next day we had a test about Thats total BS not worth it, rather just google *** up for free

plus i good a video from guys goofing too much on the labs not taking things serious and instructors dont really care plus they will give there Snap on speach for a good 30 minutes

Dont Attend UTI from DFW Trust Me its a bad school you will regret it

30,000 plus tools you need = 40,000 plus

thats a house right there

Testimonial
My love for cars started at a young age. Taking auto shop throughout high school only fueled that passion. I had planned on attending a different automotive school upon graduation but after a Universal Technical Institute representative came and spoke, I realized UTIs...
Good quality

Universal Technical Institute Uti Financial Aid Review from Sacramento, California

your financial aid department
Loss
Preferred solution
FIX IT, THE MONEY ISN'T COMING FROM OUR BANK ACCOUNT OR LOANS
4.0

The UTI- Sacramento wrote my husband a $3,000 check saying that we had over paid in May of 2015. We both questioned it because from the information that I had we shouldn't had gotten anything back.

Now 6 months later they tell us that OOPPSSS we shouldn't have done that and you owe us. Are you *** kidding me? No one can explain to me how or why this happen because everyone that was working at the time the check was cut is no longer there. UMMM WTF!!!

That sounds a little weird. They are trying to make us take out more loans. ***!!!

not our mistake this *** is coming out of your bank account.

STAY THE *** AWAY FROM THIS SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2.3
Thank you for providing feedback regarding Marine Mechanics Institute and Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your learning experience has not been a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service...