Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Uti Automotive Technical Training Review from Ocala, Florida

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your educational experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to contact us directly. We would the opportunity to address your concerns personally.
Not as described/ advertised

Absolutely the worst place to go to actually learn about the automotive technology we have today. Only thing you will learn here is patience.

The staff lacks the ability to actually understand the subjects and the school only try's to help you if your failing .

So unless you're a complete retard or completely unable to ever make it to school the school have no hope for you no ability to do anything for you. This is a "get by "program they only care about the money and making sure that they're passing percentage is higher.

Universal Technical Institute - Program Review from Spring, Texas

Hi, we have been trying to reach you but we haven't heard a response from you via email and we don't have a phone number to contact you. We will continue to try to connect as we would like to understand more about your particular circumstance to see if there's anything we can do to assist.
Product
Universal Technical Institute Program
Pricing issue

I am a current student at uti. they are nothing but a bunch of thieves.

this is $30,000 school that when you enroll they charge you $150.00 application fee.

this school just had an incident where a student dealing drugs kidnaps another uti student for money she owed him, in housing that they are connected to. they had a lot of students using drugs and they turn the blind eye because they don't want to lose money.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Uti Education Review from Port Saint Lucie, Florida

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience but have been unable to reach you using the contact information you provided. We will continue to try to connect with you.
Bad quality
1.7

Yes graduated in 2013 in Orlando FL from uti what a waste of money and time don't go there they will scam u

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Orlando, Florida - Understaffed, POOR attitude from teachers,

Review
Pros
  • Hands on training
  • Books labs computers
Cons
  • Curriculum
  • Policy
  • Conduct standards
Bad quality

Ive been attending the Orlando campus since Sep 2014 . I have 3.00 across the board B's in every class .

I have nearly perfect attenedence , professionalism , and my HANDS-ON is off the charts . This school expects us to be perfect test takers witch some of us students aren't like me ... Therefore our grade go down in each class a few points . Most 3.00gpa guys struggle on TEST NOT hands on .

I ALSO bring up to point you have kids, that have no clue hands on and NEVER WILL but can pass the test {cheaters} . So I feel the school isn't worth my 32,000 or so dollars i've spent and WOULDNT RECCOMEND to anybody . And CHS OF ORLANDO IS A JOKE .

Totally RIP PEOPLE OFF.

Universal Technical Institute - Uti Financial Aid Review from Live Oak, Texas

Poor customer service

Mulitiple times i went to student services about my financial aid never got replied to or a call back explaining to me clear or accurate answers. I had to call someone at another campus in Houston to get correct answers.

Their answer is always we will increase your student loans im a veteran student with VA benefits. I shouldnt have to take student loans. Please if you plan on attemding this school listen carefully to the fine print. The training and instructors were awesome Mr.

Vandivere, Mr. Sutton just to name a few were top notch instructors that will help you in anyway they can. The admin. Side of the school needs serious retraining.

They will tell you anything that you want to hear to get you enrolled after that have fun trying to get anything resolved on the admin. Side.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Rancho Cucamonga, California - UTI-Overpriced, has potential, could be ALOT better. Disappointed in all

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Not as described/ advertised
Loss
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Tags
  • uti universal technical institute
  • auto technician
  • Universal Institute University

$30K to learn things I already knew. But hey, their recruiters make a LOT of money. So maybe that should have been the job I went for upon graduating. The experience of being in Cali was nice, minus the 800/month for a 400 sq ft studio. But UTI did hook us up with Pit passes for the Pomona NHRA Winternational and the Allstate 500. I met a lot of really cool people and had some wonderful experiences. But still not worth the tuition. $15k? MAYBE. Oh and then there's the whole fact of the Financial Aide officer telling me she would defer my loan for a year when I graduated. A year later, I got a letter notifying me of my DEFAULTED loan. Nothing received about my loan until that letter. Oh, and my perfect attendance, 4.0GPA, BMW STEP program etc, didn't seem to make too many people want to hire me. The dilemma is People only want to hire employees with REAL shop experience (which they do not consider UTI to be so) and it makes it hard to get "REAL" shop experience without getting hired.So, all in all, could actually be a really good school if:

A) wasn't so expensive

B) it wasn't a revolving door check cashing place who doesn't care what happens to you once you're gone and they have your money(too much of it)

C) if it was actually mostly hands-on as promised and advertised

D) if they were upfront and didn't make fantastical promises of making top dollar in the field from the day you leave.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Fullerton, California - UTI takes advantage. Waste of money!

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your husband's learning experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns.
Review

My husband attended UTI four years ago. Number one THEY DID NOT provide any type of externship/internship.

All they provided was a list of job openings. Most were all to be a lube and oil person. Also they were only allowed to work on cars (other than the little classroom projects) ONCE a month (the first Saturday from 8:00-1:00 pm.) Heck, even a JC allows you to bring in your own car and tinker on it multiple days a month. The promise the students that they are going to be making upward of 30.00 per hour and pay back the tuition in no time.

SAVE YOUR MONEY and go to a Junior College. 40k is a ridiculous amount of money for this program and the student loan payback is outrageous!

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Review in Education category from West Chester Township, Ohio

Review

Because of this my fiancé has to miss my graduation. You can't take one day off that is rude.

This was my time to shine and ahh! This school is so ***.

Can't have one day out of school without getting kicked out this school isn't professional at all. Thanks for making my day the worst day of my life.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Technical Training Review from Lake Villa, Illinois

Review

The instructors are unprofessional. They bring their problems at home to work.

Just because you are provided with an education does not mean you are going to graduate with the adequate skills to work. The reality is you need to work in a shop next to techs that have been working on cars for a long time.

I was a mechanic for total of 6 years, Infiniti for about 2. (No longer work on cars.. Moved on to something else)

Let me tell you this... Save your money... You are better off buying a bag off *** and a case of beer everyday for the rest of your life than paying off your overpriced tuition, buying tools with the pay check that isn't much higher than minimum wage. You are going to need about $4,000 at least in tools.

If you have kids (not that I do) you won't be able to feed your family.

UTI's ads are FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

They project the IDEA to you that you are going to be ripping engines apart all day left and right everyday. You won't.

You are going to be dealing with headaches. Getting screwed over on warranty pay and have fun with the PAPERWORK.. Which they have promised you in their commercials that you won't have to do. Working on cars is not fun. No real mechanic will tell you it's SO MUCH FUN!!! Unless they are on prescription medication and/or drunk.

Several mechanics told me to GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN.. So I did, and I'm glad I made that decision.

You might be thinking to yourself that cars are your life, and this is something that you really want to do. I understand your passion, because I love having my toolbox in my own garage. I would really consider other career options but if you really MUST work on cars than start by working a shop and learn from other techs. You will learn more than you will at UTI... You you won't be billed $35,000. Think of what you can do with that money.

REMEMBER: UTI is a CORPORATION.. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY. Your failure is not their problem.

Testimonial
When I was in high school I was a porter at Friendly Ford. After seeing the industry and career options, I knew that I wanted to work in a dealership. UTI was an easy choice to get the training. In fact, the dealership advised me to go to UTI and take the Ford FACT...
Review
#1020667 Review #1020667 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product