Filter by rating :
filters
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Technical Training Review from Lake Villa, Illinois

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your educational experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to contact us directly. We would the opportunity to address your concerns personally.
Review

The instructors are unprofessional. They bring their problems at home to work.

Just because you are provided with an education does not mean you are going to graduate with the adequate skills to work. The reality is you need to work in a shop next to techs that have been working on cars for a long time.

I was a mechanic for total of 6 years, Infiniti for about 2. (No longer work on cars.. Moved on to something else)

Let me tell you this... Save your money... You are better off buying a bag off *** and a case of beer everyday for the rest of your life than paying off your overpriced tuition, buying tools with the pay check that isn't much higher than minimum wage. You are going to need about $4,000 at least in tools.

If you have kids (not that I do) you won't be able to feed your family.

UTI's ads are FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

They project the IDEA to you that you are going to be ripping engines apart all day left and right everyday. You won't.

You are going to be dealing with headaches. Getting screwed over on warranty pay and have fun with the PAPERWORK.. Which they have promised you in their commercials that you won't have to do. Working on cars is not fun. No real mechanic will tell you it's SO MUCH FUN!!! Unless they are on prescription medication and/or drunk.

Several mechanics told me to GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN.. So I did, and I'm glad I made that decision.

You might be thinking to yourself that cars are your life, and this is something that you really want to do. I understand your passion, because I love having my toolbox in my own garage. I would really consider other career options but if you really MUST work on cars than start by working a shop and learn from other techs. You will learn more than you will at UTI... You you won't be billed $35,000. Think of what you can do with that money.

REMEMBER: UTI is a CORPORATION.. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY. Your failure is not their problem.

When I was in high school I was a porter at Friendly Ford. After seeing the industry and career options, I knew that I wanted to work in a dealership. UTI was an easy choice to get the training. In fact, the dealership advised me to go to UTI and take the Ford FACT...
Testimonial
Review
#1020667 Review #1020667 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Universal Technical Institute Ford Fact Program
Good quality
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Diesel And Industrial Technician Training Review from Vacaville, California

Hello, we have been trying to reach you to discuss your concerns, but have been unable to do so. We will continue to try to reach you as UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. We have a long history that has produced over 200,000 graduates and your input is important in our efforts to constantly improve.
Poor customer service

Hi my name is will am and I "was" attending uti I started Monday may 4th I missed my first day to family emergency but I was their the next 3 days and I would like to know why that for some reason you have to disassemble a ford v6 engine when you sign up for the diesel program to me that is a load of *** their is no room in the classroom to do anything and your always getting rushed to complete the task at hand and for the 3 days I was their all I saw was false lies and advertisement I withdrew myself from the program and I want a refund for the uniforms I purchased for a way out of price 215.00 2 t shirts a work shirt for 215.00 !!!

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Enrollment Review from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

Hi, we have been trying to reach you but we haven't heard a response from you via email and we don't have a phone number to contact you. We will continue to try to connect as we would like to understand more about your particular circumstance to see if there's anything we can do to assist.
Not as described/ advertised
2.0

My son attends uti in north carolina. I was given false information prior to enrollment my son is a out of state student who dreamed of one day attending uti however his dreams are now diminished and noone will assist me with making his stay studious.

I plan on taking complaints further. Pissed off parent

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We always appreciate your opinion and experience. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine...
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Graduate certificate is as good as a receipt for $30k down the drain | Universal Technical Institute review from Kissimmee, Florida

Not as described/ advertised
Loss

Join MMI, waste 1.5 to 2.5 years at technical college, bounce from dead beat job to unappreciated workforce jobs while you're struggling financially through school, get graded on attendance and wonder how some people even get to walk across the stage because they've slept or barely skated through classes. Just like any other college, there's dopers, slackers, and the stinky kids, and the rare person who's going to excel at mechanical stuff, if he ever lands a job.

Graduate job placement= a joke.

Write your own resume and job hunt yourself. Employment Services must have had someone else help them land their jobs, because they couldn't have found it by themselves.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Looking for legal representation | Universal Technical Institute review from Spring, Texas

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Fraudulently misled
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund

I graduated a "straight A student with perfect attendance on 06/10/2010. My first job started at $10.00/hour.

Worked my butt off outside in the summer heat and winter cold and snow for 9 months.

Only to be offered a 5% commission base raise (same as offered to a part time worker who was an auto mechanic). Moved back home and got a job in Pawleys Island, SC in the summer. I was laid off after two months.

They told me I "needed more training" and that was while making a whopping @8.30/hour to start. At the end of 2014 that company closed the Pawleys Island location. The Marine Mechanics Industry was already slowing down since the 2008 recession and Marine Mechanics Institute knew it. Still, they lied about the money making potential.

Now I'm $37,000.00 in student loan debt for a piece of paper that says I'm a "Certified Boat Mechanic". I want to join with the rest of the majority who want to sue to get their money back.

The school has my email but never followed up as promised to check my progress. I was scammed.

A joke | Universal Technical Institute review from Orlando, Florida

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Motorcycle Mechanics Institute and Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI and MMI have graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please free to contact us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns in person.
Problems with payment

Back in 1993 I fell victim to a magazine ad. I was into British bikes and often the instructors would ask me basic questions any person would know if they knew anything about a major player in the motorcycle industry.

I finished the program and because I did not finish a program for Suzuki- I owed MMI $106 dollars. I spent my GI bill paying these lowlifes money from my 12 years I spent in the service of my country. I still owe the government for loans for these people. I will fight these people until my dying breath, and I will contact my congressman or Senator for relief from a debt I paid many times over.

Don't screw up like I did. They do not care if you are a veteran- it's all about the money.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Acceptance Test Review from Germantown, Maryland

Poor customer service

i was discriminated against because i have a felony on my record from 13 years ago so now UTI WON'T let me have an education my name is micheal haley

Universal Technical Institute - Program Review from Katy, Texas

Poor customer service

So far I think it's this program is garbage, they didn't even start me in the right class, I skipped 101 so they could line there pockets and fill seats, now they are withholding my fafa think these may be my last days