Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:

Universal Technical Institute - Education Review from Cape Coral, Florida

Hello, we have been trying to reach you to discuss your concerns, but have been unable to do so. We will continue to try to reach you as UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. We have a long history that has produced over 200,000 graduates and your input is important in our efforts to constantly improve.
Review

I attended u.t.i. phoenix campus from 2011- 2014.

Graduated with a 4.0 and almost perfect attendance. Also graduated from Ford, cummins engines, and power-gen with a 4.0. Got into the field and making the same as anyone fresh off the streets. The guys I work with laughed at me when they found out how much I paid for school cause the mechanic field don't make any money, specially not enough to pay back all them student loans!

Please do not attend u.t.i.. It's a waste of money and the school is a scam!

Universal Technical Institute in Kingston, Pennsylvania - Critical

Thank you for your input regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI) reviews. We always appreciate proper insight. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can be of service to you.
Not as described/ advertised

I don't and didn't attend the school but was looking for reviews for someone else and found this site. What I found was an overwhelming bias against the school by reviewers who could not put a simple sentence together nor had a relative grasp of the Kings English.

I suspect the students that are attending are not ready for any kind of further training. If this was you the school system you attended must bear some of the responsibility and your backround as well. You need to be honest with yourself. If you don't know when and how to make a complete sentence or when to use their or there no school can help you.

Do not spend the money and do not take out a loan. The fact that this school is a "for profit" enterprise is a concern as well and the reviews did not lessen my concern. This site is making me use one hundred words in order to be published as if the amount of words makes it more legitimate.

Perhaps the website has other ulterior motives like raising cash . I see something about $5.99 per month as a premium something or other.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Review in Education category from Colleyville, Texas

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We often hear from satisfied graduates that you get out of your education what you put into it. We're glad you made the most of your efforts and dedication. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can be of further service to you.
Good customer service

I attend the Dallas campus. All the bad reviews and complaints on here are ***.

They are all from people who think a tech school is supposed to be easier than college.

This school is very fast paced, but it's easy to learn if you pay attention and ask questions. If you want to be an automotive technician and you have a good work ethic, you will excel.

Universal Technical Institute - Parent Loan Review from Miami, Florida

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your daughter's educational experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns.
Problems with payment

My daughter decided to go to this school which I was happy. The only thing David Ledlow didn't explain very well was the PARENT LOAN that I have to pay now.

Now I'm stuck w a big loan cause I signed for it.

Well my daughter end up dropping out it wasn't what she or I expected. To disappointed.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Instructor Review from San Bernardino, California

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your educational experience was not entirely a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns.
Poor customer service

Look so far i have got good jobs out their just because im attending UTI, but theirs way more things that they are bad at, im a current active student their an they do not talk to you very nicely most of the workers their are always mad for some reason and they dont really answer any questions that you ask them, specially the instructors, most of the instructors dont care, they tell you them selves that they dont care, and money wise they always somehow managa to loose records on the amount that you have paid so you have to keep every single receipt

Universal Technical Institute - Teacher Review from Brooklyn, New York

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your educational experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns.
Bad quality

Started going to uti back in oct 2010 graduated dec 2011 and i gotta say is was not worth it. Waste of 30 grand.

We barely had labtime my first 4 classes were all in class. How am i suppose to learn what the so called teacher is teaching if theres no hands on, on what you learning. You could fall asleep and still pass the class. I suggest a real school dont make the same mistake i did.

After wasting my time and putting my self in debt i became a union roofer starting 23.52 maxing out at 40 an hour instead of an auto tech who starts off 8-10 dollars an hour. UTI IS NOT WORTH 30K AND YOUR NOT GUARANTEED EMPLOYMENT

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Houston, Texas - Worst Trade School Ever!!! Don't Waste Your Money

Hi, we have been trying to reach you but we haven't heard a response from you via email and we don't have a phone number to contact you. We will continue to try to connect as we would like to understand more about your particular circumstance to see if there's anything we can do to assist.
Product
Universal Technical Institute Program
Cons
  • Money focus
  • Student services
  • Administrative staff
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Tags
  • Diesel Training
  • Universal Institute University

This is a Profit School! This school is only out to make a PROFIT and make $$$.

It's a fake school they don't even care about their student. They charge more than a community college and a University. On top of it all credits are NOT transferable, meaning you only stay with UTI. It's a scam..

As a parent have been very disappointed of their attitude, no support and the education they have been showing my son. He even said it was the worst decision ever. Professor are not teaching anything in class he feels is a waste of his time. They made it seem so interesting and the top of the notch equipment and manufacturers that has yet to be seen.

He should had gone to a 4 yr University. The staff act like they don't care and their attitude is unbelievable. I now been reading about UTI negative remarks I wish I would had found these before my son register there. I feel that was the wrong decision for my son.

Parents do not waste your money sending your child to this school is not going to be worth it down the line. Do your research on FOR-PROFIT colleges and save your money and a year of your life! The representatives are like salesman he told my son about he was going to help him get going and have everything in order so once my son signed the contract we never heard from him again plus the information he provided for us was incorrect. We left several messages for him never returned our phone calls back.

I was so upset driving up there for 4 hours and to get a lot of *** from the school that the representative didn't do his job correctly. There job is to get you to sign the application! and sign their contract!!! as long as the representative gets his money they don't give a hoot about your child or the parent.

Once you sign everything, nothing but empty promises after that you are on your own. On top of it all I am going up this weekend to pick up my son because he said is just plain *** and doesn't want to waste anymore of his time their at that school. Parents convince your child to go to a 4 yr degree instead of wasting their time at this (UTI) school that is not worth the money for the education that their giving to our child. As well as parent we think about long time so they can decide later on to add or get another degree is best to go to a university than UTI.

Not a happy parent at this moment!!!! Very upset and frustrated dealing with this school.

Testimonial
I made the decision to go to UTI in high school when an Admissions Representative came into my automotive shop. I had some knowledge about cars before I started at UTI but knew I needed more. UTI was a good starting point of what’s to come and learning what you need to...
Review
#1020665 Review #1020665 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Universal Technical Institute Automotive Technology Training Program
Good quality
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Naperville, Illinois - UTI CHS ripping off students

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns.
Pricing issue

If you want to start a lawsuit. Then start with the housing department in the lisle campus.

The stuff I hear about CHS is unreal. Kid being charged 4K in overage bills, not having any heat in there apt because CHS did not pay the gas bill for 17 months, having four people living in one 2 bed room apt paying $540.00 per person which= to $2,160 bucks for that on apt and the apt complex that they are living in only charges around $1,100 for the same apt for ordinary residents. And then the kids state that they are being charged cleaning rates because CHS will do inspections on the apt and then charge them for cleaning and no cleaning was ever done on the apt.

HMMMMMM wander who is getting the kick backs off that. So that would be a very good start for you.

Universal Technical Institute in Avondale, Arizona - What UTI is really like

Good quality

Uti is honestly not that bad. People are always saying "its a scam", and thats because those are the people who never payed attention in class, who are always sleeping, always on their phones.

I get that some of us have some/a lot of experience with cars before going to this school, but don't go there thinking you know everything because thats when you'll learn nothing.

Some people have big heads thinking that there some master tech, but come on be realistic you don't know everything. As long as your motivated and ready to learn, and don't hang around the wrong group of people you will do fine, and actually fine a job that will make you some money.