Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Show
I'm currently attend the sacramento uti campus , it's was good and gravy until uti started to promote the tech 2 program. Ooooo they did sure made it sound like you were going to get more lab time less lecture. What a *** lie!! Getting more lecture. Going over iols for...
Review

Universal Technical Institute in Phoenix, Arizona - Money well spent, money well earned

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience but have been unable to reach you using the contact information you provided. We will continue to try to connect with you.
Good quality
4.5

Oh my goodness. Alright.

So to confirm some of the other reviews. I know the type of people that dont like this school. Lazy, wanted an education handed to them. UTI gives you MORE information than you will need.

Don't kill yourself on not remembering ALL of it. IoLs are to give you a taste for what dealership training is going to be like. I think some of these KIDS think that they will come here andlearn to build 1000HP drag cars and fix any car like magic. You kids need to understand something.

Your training to become a TECHNICIAN.....not mechanic, not burger flipper. If you pay attention, do your work the teachers and students will respect you and mommy and daddy wont have to come get you from school. This school is pretty electrical intensive. UTI set up their program based on how DEALERSHIPS want it done.

Not how your local Bobs Auto shop is run. They teach you the correct way and you are free to go out and do it the wrong way.

I dont regret a penny of this money. You dont hear about the sucess stories because no one thinks to come to every site and rave about how UTI sucked for 2 years of their program but now I have at least 5 friends graduated and making well over 70k a year in their first or second year.

Universal Technical Institute - Update on last review MADE BY UTI EMPLOYEE?

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your education experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns.
Review

the good review was written by a uti EMPLOYEE SNEAKY HUH? THEY WILL DO ANYTHING TO KEEP YOU FROM LEAERNING WHO THEY REALLY ARE.

TOO OVER PRICED OVER PROMISE UNDER DELIVER LOTS AND LOTS OF BOOKWORK! DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH..NOTHING WILL TRANSFER TO OTHER SCHOOLS. ALL YOU GET IS A WOTHLES CERTIFICATE. GO SOMEWHER WHERE YOU CAN GET A CREDIBLE DEGREE.

ALSO TAKE IN CONSIDERATION ALL OF THE LITTLE NICKLE AND DIME CHARGES THEY ADD ON. IF YOU LEAVE THEY WILL KEEP ALL OF YOUR MONEY THEY CAN.

BE CAUTIOUS DO NOT LET THEM TALK YOU INTO ANYTHING. THEY ARE SALESMAN.

Universal Technical Institute in Montrose, Colorado - Auto

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We often hear from satisfied graduates that you get out of your education what you put into it. We're glad you made the most of your efforts and dedication. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to reach out to us directly if we can be of further service to you.
Good quality
3.0

I went to UTI and it was the best experience of my life, you have to want to be an Auto Mechanic all out or you won't make it, you have to be willing to work harder than you may want to at times. You never stop learning, you must buy tools and equipment, and dig in! If you work at a dealer, seniority is a must to not get warranty work all the time, I own my own business and am Happy with what UTI did for me! If I were working as a slave to some else this isn't as rewarding. I've finally gotten to the point where I can pick what jobs I want to do, You will succeed by choosing profitable jobs and avoid busy work. The first few years will be tough DON'T QUIT, the most successful mechanics are BULLDOGS never giving up. It's not for everybody you have to Love it. A good independent shop is more recommended IMO than a dealer. Lastly UTI can't teach experience you must get it youself! GREAT SCHOOL!

be tough, Don't quit it will pay off. Build a reputation and

Universal Technical Institute - If you don't know anything now, you won't after.

Review

I am currently attending the Exton, PA campus for Diesel. All I can say is that this is a giant waste of my time, money, sleep, and life.

I went into this school with the hopes of being a diesel mechanic, and getting some hands-on experience. Well, of my 15 classes (each being only 3 weeks long) about half of them had ANY actual mechanical hands-on 'labs'. In the 'lab' you will spend more time filling out specs or answering questions on your thousands of papers than doing the actual work. Plus, it isn't even learning the repair, it's all specs, measurements, and other work you will never actually do in the field.

When you're not in the lab, you're sitting in class (with awful chairs that kill your back) either blankly staring at the board with the teacher reading a powerpoint word-for-word, or dead asleep. The scheduling is also just a load of complete horse ***. You get randomly put in either AM or PM class. AM is from 6:30am-1245pm and PM class is from 1:50pm-8:05pm.

I have been in both sessions and both suck if you're trying to get any work or sleep, especially if you commute like me. I leave my house at 4:30am to get to school on time, then work until 10:00pm. I am a living zombie. If you can, I suggest commuting though because the housing company, Collegiate Housing Service, is a joke from what I've heard.

You and three other people will each pay $500-700 a month each for a 2 bedroom apartment that you all share. My last complaint is the people. Many of the students come from center city Philadelphia and there are also many from New York City. There are a lot of hood rats.

That's not to say there aren't just plain *** people from everywhere though, because there are. Probably about 70% of the students have absolutely no clue what they are doing, making the teacher slow down and the class fall behind, mind you there are only 3 weeks per class, definitely not enough to learn and retain every subject.

UTI is garbage, and a complete waste of your $30,000-50,000. I highly regret every going here.

Universal Technical Institute - Uti is a horrible school.

Review

I attended at uti Rancho Cucamonga. I ended up dropping out good thing it was enough time to get my money back.

Where to start, first thing it's over priced they promise jobs right when you graduate which I talked to some people who graduated never able to get a job, I've talked to automotive shops they say they don't hire uti people because it's mostly book smarts and they want hands on smart. The school gives you to much information in to short of time, it goes in one ear then out the other ear. The hands on part they rush you threw which when your working on cars u shouldn't be rushed threw it. There's to many ways to fail a class, each class you fail you have to pay 1,000 dollars to do the class over again or you can't move on.

On all my test I got As but when it came to finals I forgot half the stuff they taught because it's to quick. Your better of being a apprentice at a shop then wasting money and going to this school, that's what I've been doing and I learned a lot more things then I did in school, and I'm not being rushed i get explained very well and learn a lot better!

Universal Technical Institute - Terrible school. Don't attend

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because the contact information you provided is no longer accurate. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns in person.
Problem with delivery
Loss

If you have any questions call me. 936-697-7657.

I graduated from the school in 2009. Worst experience of my life. I am now paying 30,000 in loans. I was top in my class and promised a Mercedes tech job.

BMW and Mercedes stopped sponsoring the school. All they have left is ford FACT. You can get a job as a helper in any ford dealer without having to spend the money for basic training. I now work in a different field and make over 100,000 a year.

UTI is a joke. Any parents want to call please feel free to contact me.

If i don't answer please leave a message. I will call u back.

Universal Technical Institute - Unreliable Establishment Review

Review

I attended UTI in Norwood, MA and I have to say that place was a flat out scam! Where the *** is all the hands on training they boast about?

Don't take my word for it.

Listen to other reviews, do research and then make your decision. But if you still decide to go to UTI I'm almost positive you'll regret it!

Universal Technical Institute - Tuition Fees Review

Hi, we have been trying to reach you but we haven't heard a response from you via email and we don't have a phone number to contact you. We will continue to try to connect as we would like to understand more about your particular circumstance to see if there's anything we can do to assist.
Review

I'm a aduate or about to be. When I first came to uti I was hesitant on signing up.

After filling n signing forms I was told that most of my tuition was paid for and that I owed under $5k by the time I graduate. Now that Im close to graduating I get a form saying that I now owe $22k I couldn't believe it.

Yes u can get a job that might pay ur tuition but its not guaranteed. I wish they would be more upfront with the students n parents.not to much this is at the rancho campus hands on work n lots of paperwork.

Universal Technical Institute - Bad School Review from Stafford, Texas

Review

Its obviously sure that UTI is a bad place to go to college...90% of the people are mad and in debt and the other 10% that are happy and defending it are the people that work there..!!!!lol