Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Charlotte, North Carolina - Fast "education"

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your discovery experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. If we can help with or address your concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly.
Universal Technical Institute Program

Getting a full tour of the Institute by Justin Durham, first off there's the biggest problem. He is nothing more than a promoter of the school.

He makes everything seem so perfect, but I beg to differ. He talks so highly about the school, and if you mention that you are considering to attend another school that's not UTI, he gets this look on his face, and actually down talks to school. And he wants you to go to the school so bad he doesn't know when to stop calling and sending emails. A little weird.

I know people who went to this school, and still don't have jobs. I know people who work with kids from UTI and kids that came from CPCC. And you'll never guess what kids do better, the CPCC kids. Obvious problem there.

I walk into the place, and I'm so impressed. It's nice, the programs they have look promising. The only problem with that is, you go through it in a matter of seconds, and then you're on to the next. You go through classes faster than you can blink.

I know the whole institute is about going through the program quickly to get you out there working, but they cram so much so fast, kind of hard to remember some stuff. Not saying it's hard, but still. And another thing is, the whole job thing. My friend was going to get placed 2 and half hours away from home.

And if he didn't take that job he most likely wouldn't have gotten another one. I just don't believe this school is all cracked up as they make it seem. It's too expensive and a little too good to be true.

I wouldn't say I don't recommend it, but then again, there's plenty of reasons why I decided not to join the school. Looks nice and promising from the inside, but once you walk out, you're screwed.

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your application for enrollment experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI's sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has...
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Huge regret going to this school...

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your education experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to personally address your concerns.
Review

I attended the Mooresville Campus around Fall of 2010 in North Carolina.I remember being overly excited to start that place and being overjoyed to leave my hometown and start a new chapter in my life towards my "Career".

First off, i just want to say the housing is complete ***. You pay way too much and they shove your *** in a small apartment with like 5 other guys with 1-2 bathrooms, big mistake there. Now with the school, when i started classes i noticed the teachers aren't really that great and don't provide you with enough knowledge that should be getting out to you. I specifically remember SUBSTITUTES, that would go in and be like "Yeah my name is Mr.

Derpy Derp and i'm a sub so i have no idea what the *** i'm doing." Honestly, all that money gone to waste over teachers who are terrible at their jobs. Bad motive. The "Hands On" is a huge joke. Most is just lecture, and honestly if you want to succeed in this field you need HANDS ON TRAINING, not *** around behind a desk *** about motor oil.

That whole school just wants your money. Also, the kids that go there aren't all the greatest either. I remember it feeling like high school all over again.

If you are considering going to that school.

Please don't. Just do yourself a favor, save the money you are about to throw down their ***, and go to a community college or something. I really regret that choice in my life, can't stress it enough. I feel bad for the kids there because when they get out, most of them will know...they *** up.

I personally have talked with shop managers that literally said they will not hire ANY UTI grads because of their reputation.

Also,i personally know a few kids that work in tire shops after graduating which is a big waste of money and time.So basically, to shorten that whole summary up....hmmm...*** that place.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Education Course Review from Warwick, Rhode Island

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your son's education experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns in person. Please feel free to reach out to us directly.
Review

My son graduated in 2011' they misrepresented. What the actual cost of the course was he continues to be in forbearance.

He graduated with no hands on experience couldn't get ajob, saddled with huge debt. What can we do to hold this school accountable?

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute - Read the reviews and no longer interested.

Review

I was really thinking about going to UTI but after reading all the negative reviews I have changed my mind. I would guess 80% +/- are all negative so it's just not a few bad comments.

I guess I will be looking elsewhere for schooling. Guess I'll be looking at community college now. But at least I have narrowed my search down. I hate scams and this place sounds like a huge one to me.

Places like this (at least the way it has been described) make me sick they are only concerned with making money and screwing the students for their profit. Thanks for the heads up guys you saved me from a huge mistake.

Universal Technical Institute - School Review from Phoenix, Arizona

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your education experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. If we can help with or address your concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly.
Review

Bad excuse for a school. I get into the collision field after compleating CRRT and found out very quickly I didn't know a *** thing and basically had to relearn the trade. So thank you for the great education and a nice debt .

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - UTI students and teachers Dont care

Loss

I am currently a student at UTI in the exton campus enrolled in the auto, diesel and ford program. I have a 4.0 GPA, 99% attendance, and 4x student of the course.

This school robs you of your education. The students rob you of your education. 90% of the students would rather not learn and not do anything. I feel like im in highschool all over again.

The level of maturity these kids have are ridiculous. The teachers know this so they lower the level of expectations for the students. And that really *** off students like me that are busting our *** to earn a good education. Collegiate housing??

HA! WHAT A JOKE! Please do not let the school services find you somewhere to live. They'll stuff you into a small apartment with 6 kids where you have 1-2 bathrooms, and 2 twin beds per room.

When you try to break the contract they'll charge you for cleaning the apartment even though they won't clean it. Do yourself a favor and just get a job doing oil changes or get an education at a county college.

This school doesn't care about you, they just want your money. I Wish I knew all of this before I spent my 48k but now I'm stuck biting my tounge and making the best of it.

Hi, we have been trying to reach you but we haven't heard a response from you via email and we don't have a phone number to contact you. We will continue to try to connect as we would like to understand more about your particular circumstance to see if...

Universal Technical Institute in Boston, Massachusetts - Pointless circuits

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Universal Technical Institute Program

I was 18 when I decided to attend the auto program at the Norwood campus. I tried to relocate but my car died.

So took my losses and spent my entire savings within the first three weeks. Moved back home got a new set of wheels. Now beginning to realize that I was not getting a break because it would cost more and more money. And my comUte was almost two hours one way.

So I got up at 4am and got hone at 230pm at work for 4pm and until 11 or 12 or 2am depending on the night. So let's say driving was not only unsafe but half the time I wasn't coherent enough to stay in the lines. Every class I took was easy. Like elementary easy.

Yeah they showed you how things worked and go together. The science behind the workings of electricity and the trivial pursuit of understanding trouble codes. They think they can replace experience. The only thing they have experience in is fooling young people into thinking that the education they need is at the car school where you'll become desirable to the big money jobs and you will be if you actually have experience with cars because you've aactually fixed them.

I'll say it again because you've actually fixed them.no-one cares if you went to school no-one. Especially if you went to the car school where you don't fix anything.

Not once did I experience a realistic "fix it scenario. My tipif you want to waste your parents money if they have any to spend on your spoiled ***