Filter by rating
State:
City:
Product:
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute review: Stay away from this institute of con artists and thugs

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Service
Universal Technical Institute Customer Care
1.1

Enrolled my son, get to the norwood ma school, they tried making get student loans saying he did not have enough Venterans benifits to cover the cost. They said he would be 12000.00 over.

Was crap he was only 3000.00 and we told them it would be paid in cash when due. VA Benefits are post 9/11 meaing i gave him mine. Move to apartment was trash want to pull him at that time but he want this more than everything. Issues started at his apartment as he was housed with 3 others but all over the age of 24.

then he got called to student services , they claimed a complaint was made about *** smell around apartment. Which changed many times to fina,ly being the oldesr room mate report a *** smell in apartment after new room mate moved in. My kid was in office was told to take a drug test or sign a paper refusing to test, he asked if he could call some one or be excused they said no. He refused to the test and was told he would be put on phase break for 3 weeks and come back.

He sign thier policy at the time of this. He came home after calling was. We contacted the school and was told he is 18 and we can do nothing and he was suspened unitl he completes a drug program by thier approved professional. he would have to pay for him lease and this program out of his pocket.

Also he was told they would help him with a job in the field while at school and was not.. he got his own and the school asked him to fill out a referral form so they get credit for getting him a job. Which he did not do. His job was at a cadallic dealer as a tech passed a drug test their 10 days before all of this.

The sutdent service put down on him paper that he failed the drug test he refused to take ?? Had a meeting with the president and all staff. Student service thug thid kid with no rights to take a test or say he has a drug problem. Get to meeting student services story changing of fly as to what happened during meeting with my kid to the point the stated he smelled like ***...

he came directly from his job to the only has time to change into uti shirt from work. He refused the test because it is drug/ alcohol and his roomate gave him some the night before and did not want to get him in trouble. To make it short the seen nothing wrong with this as the violated his civil,criminal rights, made him sign under duress, intimidared and thug him, held him or imprisoned him till he made a choice, never offered him councel. Now hebhas no intrest in the field.

President only want him in the school like nothing happened and had no idea until the meeting. But still said he had to complete drug program. They belive the are in accordance with the law because of a hand book. Which does not give them the right to take away rights of the students.

There is more to these story but i have a lawer so. Also the same day he was put out when he got home was taken to military medical facility and passed a real law abiding drug test.

Stay away from this company that pray on young kid and dont care about them or the industry they only want your money. Also their manufacturer partnships are all pulling from the norwood location which could only mean one thing.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute review in Orlando, Florida: found this on the internet when i was trying to look up my records (UTILawsuit@ymail.com)

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience. We will try to connect with you.
certs, misled, teaching
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

hello there is this the address and is there truly a claim possibility . i was not aware of any of this but was definetly mis guided and was very unhappy with my dealings of going to this school.

im not going to go into to much detail unless i will be contacted back but i was also trying to look up my records from the courses i took at the school. please let me know .

i actually just got done paying off my loans and i went to school in 2007 . it seemed to me as though the best part of it is some businesses know the name of the school but u recieve no certificates on anything but a 609 for mobile a/c but i never recieved that either

4.9
This place is awesome. Ive learned so much in the 5-6 months I've been attending. The new Long Beach, CA (built 2 years ago) is highly advanced and instructors are very smart and knowledgeable and keep your attention if your willing to pay attention. They have all the...
Testimonial

Universal Technical Institute review: Uti Exton

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Universal Technical Institute Facility
Pros
  • Instructors
Poor customer service
Loss
1.1

30 students in class with 1 instructor not a good learning envirment Equipment is always broken or missing Lots of money for a piece of paper Kids sleep in class education managers are lazy and keep bad kids in class. Teachers do care but management is horrible . The president has no clue what's going on Food is bad and expensive The company seems to be going down hill and loosing a lot of people at this campus Not sure what the future will be here in Exton It seems like the teachers are trying to do a good job but management seems to be the problem here

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute review in Rancho Cucamonga, California: Failure to protect

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. We will attempt to reach out to you.
Service
Universal Technical Institute Customer Care
Poor customer service

Was being stalked by another student with recorded statements of bodily harm and records of phone calls..my purse was stolen and they hid the cameras recorded evidence of who stole it.. they made me drop outta school while the stalker got to finish and get a degree...i had never missed one single day of class and was never late with good grades...

was promised not to have to pay anything back but now im in *** deep with them for thousands of dollars. Promised to help find me a job to help me through school-never happened. Promised tbey would call me back to school after the stalker graduated-never happened....even after all the evidence they still allowed him to stay in school and finish and then said i was the one who was a risk for the school???? Wtf??

They never kept their word at protecting the ones who really wanted the education.... as an older woman there should have been alot more respect and protection -it seemed as though they didnt want women in the school because they didnt want to deal with the possibilities of sexual harrassment i guess...but no matter if there is women or not there is still going to be some sort of harrassment.... i was done dirty and singled out because i was in my 40s and one of the very few female students in the rancho cucamunga,ca location.... they never wanted to help and never seemed to have time- was always an excuse...wheres the open door policy???

Wheres the counselors for students who really need to talk?? Wheres the protection when its really needed??? Its all a crock of *** for the money- once they get their money your mean nothing to them!! Add me to the lawsuit!!!!

I want them to feel the pain they have inflicted on me and my life...sleepless nights-depression from feeling like a failure-worry of not being able to make ends meet because they didnt keep their end of the deal- credit sucks because of their lies and i cant do nothing with poor credit due to their negligence...the list goes on and on...

ive been on antidepressants anxiety and panic meds...this really affected my life...this was to make my dad proud before he passed away and they caused me to fail myself and my dad and the thats a feeling that eats you up inside for life!!! Teresa Please email me

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute review in Houston, Texas: Terrible housing costs and no help with job placement

Hello, we are sorry your experience with housing and roommates was not to your satisfaction. We realize there are two sides to every story and would like to speak with you to learn more about this particular experience. Our goals are to continually improve our operations and we value input, both positive and constructive. We will continue to try and reach you to discuss further.
Bad quality
1.1

I went to uti houston in 2013-2014. Like others have said it was very easy.

Not.much to learn. I was in diesel industrial abd still have auto classes? There is a very big difference between the two. Housing costs were outrageous, almost 500 a month a person in a 2 bed apartment with 4 people.

For that we could have got a 5 bedroom house somewhere to rent.

Absolutely no job placement. I graduated and worked at a truck stop as a lube tech for.nearly a year then had to find my own job at a dealer as a tech and had to learn a lot that the school didnt nearly teach.

Universal Technical Institute review in Orlando, Florida: Uti/MMI

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Marine Mechanics Institute.
Universal Technical Institute Marine Technician Training Program

I graduated MMI (marine) in Orlando in 2011. I had perfect attendance and even a few student of course (soc).

We were told that professionalism was important because big name employers stop by the school and observe students, not true. Also MMI claim they had job placement, not true. They also told me i qualified for two $5500 grants. I never saw a dime.

So needless to say i dont work in this industry.

I eneded up getting back into machining only because i had 20 years in that trade prior to the MMI tradgedy. Dont get me wrong there were jobs in the marine industry, I just wouldnt work for $10-$12 an hour.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute review in Phoenix, Arizona: MMI is a worthless education

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Motorcycle Mechanics Institute. We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. MMI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative will attempt to reach out to you. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI and MMI graduates experience in their careers.
Universal Technical Institute Motorcycle Mechanics Institute Program
Bad quality
1.1

I also attended this school from January 2008 through March 2010. I graduated, earning certifications in Harley Davidson, new and old models, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and what I thought was the golden ticket, BMW.

As others have stated, I learned some cool stuff. the school is more of a fun place to hang out, make new friends and apparently waste $35,000. The problem with the school is it's filled with pot heads and kids with zero motivation. There are so many people who don't take it seriously, never show up, can't even tell you what they are doing WHILE they are doing it.

Just read and do, but if you took them out of the class they'd be lost and you can see it when you have performance exams and they take the whole class to do simple things and end up staying late or coming in extra days to get the instructor to either do it for them or pencil whip them a passing grade. See, like others have said, they only want your money. So the thing that kills you in the end is that school and unfortunately the graduates, understandably, have zero worth to professional motorcycle shops. Let alone race teams or anything else they promise you can get in to.

How many times will a shop hire an incompentant MMI graduate at $20/hr before they drastically reduce their starting pay. I finished with great grades in that school and the only jobs I could find we're for $12 to $14 an hour and that was in Washington state as a service writer. I had a few more for $10 as a tech. They said after 3 months if it looks good I'll get a raise but it will take a long time to get to $20 if you start at $10.

I was a technician in the military working on planes before that too. Got myself a job at a hydraulic shop starting at $22 with that experience. Its almost a decade since I started there and I have yet to get a job at a motrcycle shop and no longer have an interest. The whole experience ruined it for me and I have MMI to thank for that.

@MMI, you want to make your school reputable again? Stop shoving students through and actually fail the idiots and be WAY tougher on grades.

This is a platform for a career. Any students that would get mad at me suggesting tougher grades and homework are the ones that are killing your reputation as a legit school and it's YOUR fault that they graduate.

Universal Technical Institute Review

We appreciate your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience and hopefully get you the documents you are requesting. We will try to connect with you very soon. Thank you, again!
Review

I attended UTI following high school, and my overall experience was positive. Some course material was extremely dated, and the general picture the super aggressive recruiters paint was extremely inaccurate, but I can say that the general material did help accelerate my career path.

My major issue is with the administration (front end) of the company. I've tried around a dozen times to get in contact to get a copy of a certificate of completion that I was never issued. I did not participate in the "graduation" due to job commitments and time constraints, and I was never furnished any proof of actually completing the program.

The only proof I have of even attending is my lingerin student load debt. I would love to get this resolved.

Universal Technical Institute - Program Review

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute’s (UTI) Employment Services. We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Though we do not have a placement program, please reach out to us in the future if you would like assistance finding employment.
Not as described/ advertised
2.1

Yes, the job placement program and statements about job placement are all lies, they never found me a job, they said if I did these extra programs I would get a job paying 37.50 per hour. This is untire and a outright lie