State: Arizona City: Phoenix Clear all filters (7 of 226 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Show

Universal Technical Institute in Phoenix, Arizona - MMI is a worthless education

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Motorcycle Mechanics Institute. We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. MMI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative will attempt to reach out to you. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI and MMI graduates experience in their careers.
Bad quality
1.1

I also attended this school from January 2008 through March 2010. I graduated, earning certifications in Harley Davidson, new and old models, Suzuki, Kawasaki, and what I thought was the golden ticket, BMW.

As others have stated, I learned some cool stuff. the school is more of a fun place to hang out, make new friends and apparently waste $35,000. The problem with the school is it's filled with pot heads and kids with zero motivation. There are so many people who don't take it seriously, never show up, can't even tell you what they are doing WHILE they are doing it.

Just read and do, but if you took them out of the class they'd be lost and you can see it when you have performance exams and they take the whole class to do simple things and end up staying late or coming in extra days to get the instructor to either do it for them or pencil whip them a passing grade. See, like others have said, they only want your money. So the thing that kills you in the end is that school and unfortunately the graduates, understandably, have zero worth to professional motorcycle shops. Let alone race teams or anything else they promise you can get in to.

How many times will a shop hire an incompentant MMI graduate at $20/hr before they drastically reduce their starting pay. I finished with great grades in that school and the only jobs I could find we're for $12 to $14 an hour and that was in Washington state as a service writer. I had a few more for $10 as a tech. They said after 3 months if it looks good I'll get a raise but it will take a long time to get to $20 if you start at $10.

I was a technician in the military working on planes before that too. Got myself a job at a hydraulic shop starting at $22 with that experience. Its almost a decade since I started there and I have yet to get a job at a motrcycle shop and no longer have an interest. The whole experience ruined it for me and I have MMI to thank for that.

@MMI, you want to make your school reputable again? Stop shoving students through and actually fail the idiots and be WAY tougher on grades.

This is a platform for a career. Any students that would get mad at me suggesting tougher grades and homework are the ones that are killing your reputation as a legit school and it's YOUR fault that they graduate.

Sounds like someone has a case of the, "mommy its not what I thought it was." I attended UTI, finished FORD FACT and BMW FastTrack. I now make more money and have a much more solid understanding of automotive technology. Sure I learned vast amounts more actually...
Good quality

Universal Technical Institute in Phoenix, Arizona - Money well spent, money well earned

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience but have been unable to reach you using the contact information you provided. We will continue to try to connect with you.
Good quality
4.5

Oh my goodness. Alright.

So to confirm some of the other reviews. I know the type of people that dont like this school. Lazy, wanted an education handed to them. UTI gives you MORE information than you will need.

Don't kill yourself on not remembering ALL of it. IoLs are to give you a taste for what dealership training is going to be like. I think some of these KIDS think that they will come here andlearn to build 1000HP drag cars and fix any car like magic. You kids need to understand something.

Your training to become a TECHNICIAN.....not mechanic, not burger flipper. If you pay attention, do your work the teachers and students will respect you and mommy and daddy wont have to come get you from school. This school is pretty electrical intensive. UTI set up their program based on how DEALERSHIPS want it done.

Not how your local Bobs Auto shop is run. They teach you the correct way and you are free to go out and do it the wrong way.

I dont regret a penny of this money. You dont hear about the sucess stories because no one thinks to come to every site and rave about how UTI sucked for 2 years of their program but now I have at least 5 friends graduated and making well over 70k a year in their first or second year.

Universal Technical Institute - School Review from Phoenix, Arizona

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your education experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. If we can help with or address your concerns, please feel free to reach out to us directly.
Review

Bad excuse for a school. I get into the collision field after compleating CRRT and found out very quickly I didn't know a *** thing and basically had to relearn the trade. So thank you for the great education and a nice debt .

Hi, we have been trying to reach you but we haven't heard a response from you via email and we don't have a phone number to contact you. We will continue to try to connect as we would like to understand more about your particular circumstance to see if...

Contact Universal Technical Institute Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Universal Technical Institute, Inc.
16220 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 100