State: California Clear all filters (31 of 226 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
Thank you for leaving this review. We would like to help get you in contact with the appropriate leadership regarding your concern. Please send your contact information, including the campus that your son attended to customercare@uti.edu – thank you.
Tags
  • Scamming Liars
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and share your thoughts. We are sorry to learn how you feel about your experience in the program and we would like the chance to speak with you directly about your feedback. Please reach out to us at...
Review

Universal Technical Institute in Rancho Cucamonga, California - I graduated from uti

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire is to understand your frustration and our Education Manager is attempting to reach out to you directly to discuss your concerns. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Review
#1192284 Review #1192284 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

It's waste of money and time you can learn everything they show you in the Field start as a lube technician and get training from actual manufacturers I regret going there now I can't get rid of my student loans uti is such ***

Testimonial
4.9
This place is awesome. Ive learned so much in the 5-6 months I've been attending. The new Long Beach, CA (built 2 years ago) is highly advanced and instructors are very smart and knowledgeable and keep your attention if your willing to pay attention. They have all the...
Review

Universal Technical Institute in Rancho Cucamonga, California - Failure to protect

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. We will attempt to reach out to you.
Poor customer service

Was being stalked by another student with recorded statements of bodily harm and records of phone calls..my purse was stolen and they hid the cameras recorded evidence of who stole it.. they made me drop outta school while the stalker got to finish and get a degree...i had never missed one single day of class and was never late with good grades...

was promised not to have to pay anything back but now im in *** deep with them for thousands of dollars. Promised to help find me a job to help me through school-never happened. Promised tbey would call me back to school after the stalker graduated-never happened....even after all the evidence they still allowed him to stay in school and finish and then said i was the one who was a risk for the school???? Wtf??

They never kept their word at protecting the ones who really wanted the education.... as an older woman there should have been alot more respect and protection -it seemed as though they didnt want women in the school because they didnt want to deal with the possibilities of sexual harrassment i guess...but no matter if there is women or not there is still going to be some sort of harrassment.... i was done dirty and singled out because i was in my 40s and one of the very few female students in the rancho cucamunga,ca location.... they never wanted to help and never seemed to have time- was always an excuse...wheres the open door policy???

Wheres the counselors for students who really need to talk?? Wheres the protection when its really needed??? Its all a crock of *** for the money- once they get their money your mean nothing to them!! Add me to the lawsuit!!!!

I want them to feel the pain they have inflicted on me and my life...sleepless nights-depression from feeling like a failure-worry of not being able to make ends meet because they didnt keep their end of the deal- credit sucks because of their lies and i cant do nothing with poor credit due to their negligence...the list goes on and on...

ive been on antidepressants anxiety and panic meds...this really affected my life...this was to make my dad proud before he passed away and they caused me to fail myself and my dad and the thats a feeling that eats you up inside for life!!! Teresa Please email me

Hello, and thanks for reaching out. We're glad we were able to connect answer your question. If you have future questions, we do offer chat services and a phone number to reach us on our website, www.uti.edu. Good luck in determining your next step in regards...
Review
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience but have been unable to reach you using the contact information you provided. We will continue to try to connect with you.
Review

Universal Technical Institute in Watsonville, California - Community college or UTI?

Poor customer service

I will be honest, I am not a great student. Average C & B in my classes throughout high school.

I felt that going to a 4 year college straight out of high school was too much for me to handle. Especially since a classic classroom isn't what I call motivating. But I have worked on cars with my dad since I was little, now don't think this means I know a lot about cars. Just enough to know how to change tires, oil, but that's about it.

I found out about UTI and it seems like this is a point in my life where I can finally do something good for my life, but still am debating about going forward with the steps to attend UTI. So if anyone can help me out with info or even advice PLEASE do so.

Universal Technical Institute in Sacramento, California - Bored student, terrible housing, dropped balls

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. UTI offers assistance with obtaining housing for students as our campuses do not have traditional on site student living quarters. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns in person.
Review
Cons
  • Student services
  • Conduct standards
  • Money focus
Bad quality
Tags
  • uti universal technical institute
2.0

UTI is a school for kids who have NEVER had an auto body class, with limited experience with tools.

I felt my son was safe with the dress code, drug testing and student housing. WRONG!!

I was not able to resolve financial aid issues at the Sacramento campus. I had to call the one in Arizona. This was three weeks of my time.

I dropped my son off at school the first week of August. I had to fly out to Sacramento (from SLC) the last week of October. Something was wrong. My son had to move from his current apartment to another one with the boy who he shared his room with.

When I arrived, my son was depressed with dark circles under his eyes. Apparently, the other three boys had night classes. My son's were in the morning. They had been keeping him up all night with parties and over night guests (both of which are against the rules). The two other boys in the other room did not help clean. One of the had anger issues and was drawing penises on the items with permanent marker. His actually roommate drank almost every night. My son was the only one who worked.

When we went to move to the new apartment (the other parents were there as well) *** roaches, other bugs and an over flowing trash with mold greeted us. Along with an arrest warrant for one of the students. Drugs were being cooked in the apartment two doors down.

When we returned to the original apartment, the parents found a leaky kitchen faucet, broken chair and a filthy apartment. My son and his roommate confirmed, independent of each other that work orders had been placed and it was six weeks before they fixed it.

I called my son's recruiter. The other parents called the housing director who told them "Its Halloween weekend. I am at a softball game and cannot help you." I called my son's recruiter. He got on the ball he told me that the President of the school and the housing director would call me. They never have (three months later).

My son told me the rest of the story: he never had a pass to get on to the property at night. He spent six weeks parking on the street. His roommate were up all hours of the night with girls over. Alcohol was allowed in the apartment, as long as it was out of sight. He had been going to school and working six plus hours returning to a filthy place and a roommate screaming at him because he moved his melon.

My son has returned from UTI the first week of January. I have still not heard from the president, housing director. He has 5k in debt and learned NOTHING.

When I voiced my frustration to the academic adviser, the key phrase was "we dropped the ball." It is the go to phrase. UTI is very excited to tell you about the program. However, there is NO follow through. If you send your child here, prepare to have a full time job keeping the ball rolling.

Contact Universal Technical Institute Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Universal Technical Institute, Inc.
16220 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Phone:
(800) 834-7308
All Universal Technical Institute Contacts

Latest Question

Universal Technical Institute Questions

Universal Technical Institute - Program Review from Los Angeles, California

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Not as described/ advertised

My son paid over 30,000.00 dollars and is making 12.00 dollars an hour. The school made promises about their future!

This hasn't come true .now fast food will be making 15.00 per hour with no education and my son still paying on a 30,000.00 dollar loan. I feel that they promise alot and delivered nothing.