State: California City: Sacramento Product: Universal Technical Institute Program Clear all filters (2 of 59 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Sacramento, California - Bored student, terrible housing, dropped balls

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. UTI offers assistance with obtaining housing for students as our campuses do not have traditional on site student living quarters. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns in person.
Review
Product
Universal Technical Institute Program
Cons
  • Student services
  • Administrative staff
  • Conduct standards
Reason of review
Bad quality
Tags
  • uti universal technical institute
2.0

UTI is a school for kids who have NEVER had an auto body class, with limited experience with tools.

I felt my son was safe with the dress code, drug testing and student housing. WRONG!!

I was not able to resolve financial aid issues at the Sacramento campus. I had to call the one in Arizona. This was three weeks of my time.

I dropped my son off at school the first week of August. I had to fly out to Sacramento (from SLC) the last week of October. Something was wrong. My son had to move from his current apartment to another one with the boy who he shared his room with.

When I arrived, my son was depressed with dark circles under his eyes. Apparently, the other three boys had night classes. My son's were in the morning. They had been keeping him up all night with parties and over night guests (both of which are against the rules). The two other boys in the other room did not help clean. One of the had anger issues and was drawing penises on the items with permanent marker. His actually roommate drank almost every night. My son was the only one who worked.

When we went to move to the new apartment (the other parents were there as well) *** roaches, other bugs and an over flowing trash with mold greeted us. Along with an arrest warrant for one of the students. Drugs were being cooked in the apartment two doors down.

When we returned to the original apartment, the parents found a leaky kitchen faucet, broken chair and a filthy apartment. My son and his roommate confirmed, independent of each other that work orders had been placed and it was six weeks before they fixed it.

I called my son's recruiter. The other parents called the housing director who told them "Its Halloween weekend. I am at a softball game and cannot help you." I called my son's recruiter. He got on the ball he told me that the President of the school and the housing director would call me. They never have (three months later).

My son told me the rest of the story: he never had a pass to get on to the property at night. He spent six weeks parking on the street. His roommate were up all hours of the night with girls over. Alcohol was allowed in the apartment, as long as it was out of sight. He had been going to school and working six plus hours returning to a filthy place and a roommate screaming at him because he moved his melon.

My son has returned from UTI the first week of January. I have still not heard from the president, housing director. He has 5k in debt and learned NOTHING.

When I voiced my frustration to the academic adviser, the key phrase was "we dropped the ball." It is the go to phrase. UTI is very excited to tell you about the program. However, there is NO follow through. If you send your child here, prepare to have a full time job keeping the ball rolling.

Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Sacramento, California - Pay for what you Get!

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns.
Review
#162087 Review #162087 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Product
Universal Technical Institute Program
Loss

Universal Technical Institute, 30k for a job in the automotive field? will you get the job when your done or just a bill for student loans.

So 30 k for core classes, 7 k for Ford fact, 4 k for toyota or nissan, and 5k for smog, 50 k if you take diesel auto fact and core to get a $12.00 an hour job. They offers their students insentives to sign up Lab fee and clothes paid for by admissions reps, they help students take the entrance exams(for those students that cant read and write) and they pass those students along so they can get their retake fees and federal and state funds they are told at sign up they will get $1000.00 worth of snap on tools when in reality it's only $800.00 How can you get a job with $800.00 worth of tools, especialy Snap On.

Most of the ciriculum is 8 to 10 years old or more, and the instcuctors have verry little field experience and most are recent UTI grads themselves. So do your self a favor, find an apprentiship program save your self the money and get a job at a shop and learn on the job.

Contact Universal Technical Institute Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Universal Technical Institute, Inc.
16220 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 100