State: Florida Clear all filters (18 of 226 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show

Universal Technical Institute in Orlando, Florida - Big fat thumbs down for UTI...

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Review
Cons
  • Over priced
  • Conduct standards
Loss
Preferred solution
Full refund
  • scam fake
1.1

So when I was an immature deadbeat 19 year old I told mommy I want to go to "college" to learn how to work on cars and be a mechanic and make a lot of money! She was so proud that ONE of her 3 sons was interested in furthering his education, so she was ready to sign loans like a fly thats ready to eat turds..

of course the recruiter had zero issues with taking advantage of a young and dumb 19 year old and his financially illiterate mother.... SO $30k worth of loan signing at the age of 19 and im ready to drive my beat up 1987 bmw with a broken hood latch from NH to the sunny Orlando Florida UTI location. I used a student services type of website to find a room mate transferred my employment from NH valvoline to an orlando location.. my hourly pay rate went from $11/hr in NH to $7.85/hr in Florida....

o.O I could BARELY afford anything. But i did what i had to do while I was there, Payed attention in all my classes received student of the course in multiple courses and directors list awards. I had a GPA of 3.85 upon graduation, but the whole time I was attending UTI, I realized the staff, including the instructors only gave a flying *** about ATTENDANCE and APPEARANCE. do i feel like anyone really gave a *** about what students were learning?

absolutely not other than to be a good worker be, shut up and do your job pretty much. So i graduated with my "certificate" no degree of course, now im not even a college graduate and I have #30k in debt... whatever I graduated UTI now I can go be a mechanic and make the big bucks. I got a job at an independant shop as an entry level tech.

fast forward a year later I got into a bad car accident(other drivers fault) was out of work for longer than 6 months due to recovery and I ended up losing my job. I have to say though I learned more in 1 year working in the automotive field then I ever did attending UTI. that was the end of my automotive career, because I could not find a job in the automotive industry around me due to only working for a year then having an employment gap of almost a year. I now have been working in Manufacturing for almost a decade, I am a production supervisor and my UTI "education" has not and will never do anything positive for me EVER.

I currently have 2 student loans one was oringally for 20k. So far I have paid back $21,232 on this $20k loan, and guess what the current principal balance is? yea... $19,939....

I had another $10k loan I have paid approximately $7,000 on this loan and guess what the principal balance is? yea... $13,961.. So..

this should be criminal, UTI is not a college and should not qualify for student loans. This is loan sharking.... Trust me I make more in manufacturing than I ever would have in the automotive industry and I still can't pay these student loans... Its ridiculous.

They are over priced and you absolutely positively DO NOT get your monies worth when you attend UTI... You are better off starting in a quick lube or an independant shop as a oil/tire guy and working your way up to to an actual tech by learning on the job from experienced wrenchers... I deserve a DEGREE for what's going to end up being over $100,000 when all is said and done. Unless UTI starts offering Degree programs, They should not be allowed utilize Student aid...

What these "for profit" schools are doing should be criminal.. I am now a debt slave for no reason Uti is nothing more than a money pit

Universal Technical Institute in Orlando, Florida - found this on the internet when i was trying to look up my records (UTILawsuit@ymail.com)

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience. We will try to connect with you.
certs, misled, teaching
Loss
Preferred solution
Let the company propose a solution

hello there is this the address and is there truly a claim possibility . i was not aware of any of this but was definetly mis guided and was very unhappy with my dealings of going to this school.

im not going to go into to much detail unless i will be contacted back but i was also trying to look up my records from the courses i took at the school. please let me know .

i actually just got done paying off my loans and i went to school in 2007 . it seemed to me as though the best part of it is some businesses know the name of the school but u recieve no certificates on anything but a 609 for mobile a/c but i never recieved that either

Universal Technical Institute in Orlando, Florida - Uti/MMI

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Marine Mechanics Institute.
We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. MMI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative will attempt to reach out to you. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI and MMI graduates experience in their careers.
Review

I graduated MMI (marine) in Orlando in 2011. I had perfect attendance and even a few student of course (soc).

We were told that professionalism was important because big name employers stop by the school and observe students, not true. Also MMI claim they had job placement, not true. They also told me i qualified for two $5500 grants. I never saw a dime.

So needless to say i dont work in this industry.

I eneded up getting back into machining only because i had 20 years in that trade prior to the MMI tradgedy. Dont get me wrong there were jobs in the marine industry, I just wouldnt work for $10-$12 an hour.

1.3
Hello, we are sorry your experience with housing and roommates was not to your satisfaction. We realize there are two sides to every story and would like to speak with you to learn more about this particular experience. Our goals are to continually improve our...
  • Universal Institute University
Per our earlier telephone conversation in which we discussed your concerns, UTI would like to thank you for your feedback. We want to reiterate that we understand your concerns. We are glad we were able to come to an agreement on these issues and alleviate some of your...
Tags
  • uti universal technical institute
  • Diesel Training

Universal Technical Institute - Program Review from Orlando, Florida

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Not as described/ advertised

This is the type of school that you BUY a diploma from, not earn it. This is the only reason why this school is so expensive.

Pay WAY less somewhere else and earn it.

Universal Technical Institute - Review in Education category from Orlando, Florida

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your learning experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns personally.
Pricing issue

Would you pay $40,000 to go on the internet and teach yourself? Cause that 's what this PoS school make you do. Avoid this place.

2.3
Thank you for providing feedback regarding Marine Mechanics Institute and Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your learning experience has not been a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service...
Review

Universal Technical Institute - Uti Marine Mechanics Institute Review from Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience but have been unable to reach you using the contact information you provided. We will continue to try to connect with you.
Review

Just signed up For UTI/Marine Mechanics for January2015. $500/m to pay off tution after i graduate?!

I still have a car payment! CHS says you will be in a 2 or 3 bedroom APARTMENT with 4 or 5 residents in it. WtF!

Even if you did "private renting" you would share an Apt. but just have your own room.

Contact Universal Technical Institute Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Universal Technical Institute, Inc.
16220 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Phone:
(800) 834-7308
All Universal Technical Institute Contacts

Latest Question

Universal Technical Institute Questions

Universal Technical Institute - Uti Automotive Technical Training Review from Ocala, Florida

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your educational experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to contact us directly. We would the opportunity to address your concerns personally.
Not as described/ advertised

Absolutely the worst place to go to actually learn about the automotive technology we have today. Only thing you will learn here is patience.

The staff lacks the ability to actually understand the subjects and the school only try's to help you if your failing .

So unless you're a complete retard or completely unable to ever make it to school the school have no hope for you no ability to do anything for you. This is a "get by "program they only care about the money and making sure that they're passing percentage is higher.