State: Illinois Clear all filters (9 of 226 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Show
Product:
Show
Review

Universal Technical Institute - Technical Training Review from Lake Villa, Illinois

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your educational experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to contact us directly. We would the opportunity to address your concerns personally.
Review

The instructors are unprofessional. They bring their problems at home to work.

Just because you are provided with an education does not mean you are going to graduate with the adequate skills to work. The reality is you need to work in a shop next to techs that have been working on cars for a long time.

I was a mechanic for total of 6 years, Infiniti for about 2. (No longer work on cars.. Moved on to something else)

Let me tell you this... Save your money... You are better off buying a bag off *** and a case of beer everyday for the rest of your life than paying off your overpriced tuition, buying tools with the pay check that isn't much higher than minimum wage. You are going to need about $4,000 at least in tools.

If you have kids (not that I do) you won't be able to feed your family.

UTI's ads are FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!

They project the IDEA to you that you are going to be ripping engines apart all day left and right everyday. You won't.

You are going to be dealing with headaches. Getting screwed over on warranty pay and have fun with the PAPERWORK.. Which they have promised you in their commercials that you won't have to do. Working on cars is not fun. No real mechanic will tell you it's SO MUCH FUN!!! Unless they are on prescription medication and/or drunk.

Several mechanics told me to GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN.. So I did, and I'm glad I made that decision.

You might be thinking to yourself that cars are your life, and this is something that you really want to do. I understand your passion, because I love having my toolbox in my own garage. I would really consider other career options but if you really MUST work on cars than start by working a shop and learn from other techs. You will learn more than you will at UTI... You you won't be billed $35,000. Think of what you can do with that money.

REMEMBER: UTI is a CORPORATION.. THEY WANT YOUR MONEY. Your failure is not their problem.

3.7
Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience but have been unable to reach you using the contact information you provided. We will continue to try to connect with you.
Review

Universal Technical Institute in Naperville, Illinois - UTI CHS ripping off students

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns.
Reason of review
Pricing issue

If you want to start a lawsuit. Then start with the housing department in the lisle campus.

The stuff I hear about CHS is unreal. Kid being charged 4K in overage bills, not having any heat in there apt because CHS did not pay the gas bill for 17 months, having four people living in one 2 bed room apt paying $540.00 per person which= to $2,160 bucks for that on apt and the apt complex that they are living in only charges around $1,100 for the same apt for ordinary residents. And then the kids state that they are being charged cleaning rates because CHS will do inspections on the apt and then charge them for cleaning and no cleaning was ever done on the apt.

HMMMMMM wander who is getting the kick backs off that. So that would be a very good start for you.

Universal Technical Institute in Cicero, Illinois - UTI withholding FASFA from veterans

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry you have heard that another student's experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns.
Review

This does not apply to me, But I am currently attending UTI in Lisle IL.. I have listen to several complaints that veterans who are receiving FASFA are not getting their checks.

According to one VET. UTI will hold these checks for 4 weeks. Then they will issue it to the vet as long as there is no dept. Now UTI is allowed to do this but since their classes only run 3 weeks there is allways a dept showing in the system so they do not have to issue the check to the vet.

Well if the GI Bill is covering 100% of the tuition for the school how can UTI justify withholding those check from the vets.

Who most defiantly need that money to live and if they did not need how did they get qualified for it in the first place. I would like some help with this please.

Universal Technical Institute in Glendale Heights, Illinois - UTI they don't care and all they want is your money.

Review

My name is Chris and i attended UTI in Chicago. When i started they guaranteed all kinds of assistance in finding jobs, paying for school, and finding a place to live. When i started i had just moved out there and had talked to the administrators who had guaranteed they had a job i could start immediately and an affordable place to live. well when i got up there they handed me a binder full of papers and said good luck. half of the jobs required substantial experience or where over an hours drive from the campus. But i had still tried to apply seeing as you need someway tp support yourself but found that most of the jobs had been taken already and they were to lazy to remove them. and then when i looked into places to live they were shoddy apartments which you would need multiple roommates to live in and they bases by which you chose your roommates was based upon some vague questions like what music do you listen to and are you kind of messy or not.

This is not the worst however. These people seem purely to want to rape your wallet. Every time i tried to get financial aid help i needed a parent cosigner. This is absurd i live independently in a separate state and need a **** cosigner?! Something funny is while i attended at one point i got a note to my class saying i owed money and when i spoke to the financial aid people they said i needed more money and had to get a cosigned loan and they said they would send the paperwork to them and contact me if there were any problems. 2 months later i get a not saying i have to drop out because i owe $6,500. I had been under the impression that since i had never been contacted or received any notice that the loan had not gone through i was okay. Apparently not. The worst was how they wanted to collect. For the first few months i had no [problem paying(except being very irritated) then when i wanted to move the date to work better with my paychecks. i had to pay a processing fee and all kinds of hassles to get this done. Later after i was in a severe car accident which left me severely disabled and unable to work. They said they had no record of me trying to change my payment date so i had a lot of late fees. But when i tried to get a differal because i was unable to work so i had no income they told me there is no way hey can not receive a payment. The best they could do is give me a hardship payment which decreases my payment to $75/mo. This place is horrible they do not care about you. If you want to learn how to work on cars go to a junkyard and tear stuff apart. you will be better off.

Review
Thank you for your input regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We always appreciate proper insight. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has...

Contact Universal Technical Institute Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Universal Technical Institute, Inc.
16220 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 100