Rating: 1 Star Clear all filters (41 of 226 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Show
Rating:
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. Depression and suicidal thoughts are extremely serious concerns, please contact your former campus for a listing of resources that may be able to assist you. Thank you.
Review
Thank you for leaving this review. We would like to help get you in contact with the appropriate leadership regarding your concern. Please send your contact information, including the campus that your son attended to customercare@uti.edu – thank you.
Tags
  • Scamming Liars
Thank you for taking the time to leave this review and share your thoughts. We are sorry to learn how you feel about your experience in the program and we would like the chance to speak with you directly about your feedback. Please reach out to us at...
Review

Universal Technical Institute in Rancho Cucamonga, California - I graduated from uti

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire is to understand your frustration and our Education Manager is attempting to reach out to you directly to discuss your concerns. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Review
#1192284 Review #1192284 is a subjective opinion of poster.
Bad quality

It's waste of money and time you can learn everything they show you in the Field start as a lube technician and get training from actual manufacturers I regret going there now I can't get rid of my student loans uti is such ***

Universal Technical Institute in Exton, Pennsylvania - These reviews are not wrong

This company and it is a company, not a school is one of the most deceitful and underhanded companies there is. Kim McWaters and her merry band of thieves will fleece you for all the money you have saved for you child's education and then they will force you to pay more money. Don't be fooled by their campuses that they sink dollar after dollar into to suck you in. They don't put a dime into quality education. Do your research and go to a non-profit school. What UTI does should be against the law ... Oh Wait !! It is !!! UTI gets away with what they do because they pay off politicians and they have people like John McKain visit their NC campus. I'm sure that John accepted some kind of "compensation" for his visit and his endorsement. UTI is a scam school and they will scam you as far as you will let them. Be smarter than them, don't buy their smoke and mirrors.
Review
Pros
  • Instructors that will give it to you straight
  • Good people
Cons
  • Bob kessler
  • Awful management they have no clue what they are doing
  • Uti is a bunch of crooks and the government knows it
Let the company propose a solution

Universal Technical Institute in Exton, Pennsylvania - This place is like no other company out there.

We are sorry to hear that you are unhappy with your experience at the Exton campus, we would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your specific concerns. Please contact People Services at (480) 737-6441 or pbernal@uti.edu.
Review
Pros
  • Good pay
Cons
  • Everything else doesnt make the job worth it
  • Conduct standards
  • Student services
Let the company propose a solution

I am a recent hire, current instructor at UTI Exton, PA. I have learned a lot about the company after only working there for a short time.

I can tell you that what they tell and promise their employees is not true. I understand that there were no raises this past year, but yet the company has the money to build and open a new campus in NJ? The Exton Campus President, Bob Kessler, is nothing more than a "yes-man" who tells you word-for-word what the company has prompted him to say. A big liar in my book.

It is a corporate environment like no other that I have ever seen. UTI managers are obsessed with covering themselves and they will do whatever it takes to make that happen. It is a shame, because the students are the ones who ultimately suffer from the company politics that the management team cannot move beyond petty differences. Another instructor hit the nail on the head when he told me that the company is totally dysfunctional.

Like I said, it a skewed corporate environment that only exists within the walls of UTI. They say and promote one thing, yet do the complete opposite. I have never seen such a mess anywhere else. I have also learned that it is not only the Exton, PA campus that follows this detrimental corporate down spiral, but it is fluent throughout the entire company.

UTI promotes people based on who they like, not by job performance. If they promoted based on job performance, people like Rosangela Dempster and Ryan Galatti would have been blown out the door years ago, instead, people like them have done nothing but moved up, despite their inadequacies to effectively perform their jobs. Rosangela and Ryan are, by far, the worst managers and people that I have ever had to work under and the rest of the management team is not far behind them. They feel as though they know every thing and they will forcefully argue with you when you offer a differing opinion.

That is a terrible manager. UTI is an awful company to work for, their management is 100% horrible and incapable of performing their jobs effectively. They blindly tow the company line and they even do that poorly.

UTI management is not properly equipped to do their jobs and it shows, right up to their CEO, Kim McWaters. I am currently looking to leave this company and I wish I had kept looking before accepting this awful job.

Universal Technical Institute - A school of false promises

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience but have been unable to reach you using the contact information you provided. We will continue to try to connect with you.
1.4

I viewed the school in 2005 after my very persuasive recruiter told me I was a shoe in for a racing career after my time at the school was over he made his thousand dollars aAnd went on his was I moved from Connecticut and I was a student from 2006-2008 I was student of the course twice and graduated in the top of my class when all was said and done I couldn’t get a job changing tires at Walmart when I asked for assistance I was put on hold and ignored financially and mentally this school ruined me and after ten years I am still putting the prices back together I have advice for anyone who is considering going here don’t do it go to a local college gain real world experience and be happy you didn’t make the same mistake as the rest of us if this is real I would like to be added to the list and hope to finally get some closure from this thank you ...(NASCAR technical institute graduate)

Universal Technical Institute in Exton, Pennsylvania - Take some advice from a UTI employee

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Review
Pros
  • Teachers
  • Co-workers
Cons
  • Uti exton middle management ruins the business and experience
  • Ros young jim neary and ryan galatti are not managers
  • Lack of discipline
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Deliver product or service ordered

I was a diesel instructor at UTI for many years and I will tell you how they run the show from the inside. UTI is only concerned about money.

Education is a secondary, or a less objective for them. It is a business, but it is the most dysfunctional business I have ever seen. They preach a code of ethics that you will never see or hear of in the real world. Their professionalism standards only rival that of a church.

BUT, It is nothing but a crock because they don't adhere to it themselves. They claim that they do, but their managers are all a bunch of spinsters who figure out how to bend every thing to their advantage. It is all about money and UTI only wants your money, that is the truth. Check out their stock prices, it is awful.

They don't care about your education or if you learn anything while you are there. They will fleece you for all of you money and hand you a useless certificate after that, you don't even get a degree. They push you through to make their numbers look good and pocket your hard earned money. Do yourself a favor and go to an accredited school and get a degree when you are finished and spend less money doing it.

UTI will only give you a certificate that means nothing and will actually make you less desirable to employers. All of UTI's staff is aware of the fact that industry employers roll their eyes every time they hear you are a UTI student UTI's Ed managers and Ed director are just a bunch of spinsters. When faced with the unethical education practices in their classrooms, they denied that it was happening and that they told their instructors to do it. Arizona is clueless as to what happens at any of their campuses and they don't care as long as money is flowing in.

Money Money Money ...

That is UTI's core concern. Does this sound like a school you want to go to?

Universal Technical Institute - This school was horrendously awful

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience and will try to connect with you by the contact information you provided.
Problems with payment
1.3

I went there and had a grant and financial aid and the whole 9 yards. Unfortunately events took place and had to leave, tried returning for months however my recruiter kept telling me several different things on how to return.

Got a hefty bill. Was told NOT to worry about it ( i have screenshots) and now i get calls from a debt collector. Uti is nothing but a scam. For the short time i was there my teacher showed passion for vehicles but his proffesionalism and his ability to teach were minimum in skill.

Im not talking about all institutions im just talking about the one in norwood. DONT GO THERE GO TO MASSBAY

Contact Universal Technical Institute Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Universal Technical Institute, Inc.
16220 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Phone:
(800) 834-7308
All Universal Technical Institute Contacts

Latest Question

Universal Technical Institute Questions

Universal Technical Institute in Orlando, Florida - Big fat thumbs down for UTI...

Review
Cons
  • Over priced
  • Conduct standards
Not as described/ advertised
Full refund
Tags
  • scam fake
1.1

So when I was an immature deadbeat 19 year old I told mommy I want to go to "college" to learn how to work on cars and be a mechanic and make a lot of money! She was so proud that ONE of her 3 sons was interested in furthering his education, so she was ready to sign loans like a fly thats ready to eat turds..

of course the recruiter had zero issues with taking advantage of a young and dumb 19 year old and his financially illiterate mother.... SO $30k worth of loan signing at the age of 19 and im ready to drive my beat up 1987 bmw with a broken hood latch from NH to the sunny Orlando Florida UTI location. I used a student services type of website to find a room mate transferred my employment from NH valvoline to an orlando location.. my hourly pay rate went from $11/hr in NH to $7.85/hr in Florida....

o.O I could BARELY afford anything. But i did what i had to do while I was there, Payed attention in all my classes received student of the course in multiple courses and directors list awards. I had a GPA of 3.85 upon graduation, but the whole time I was attending UTI, I realized the staff, including the instructors only gave a flying *** about ATTENDANCE and APPEARANCE. do i feel like anyone really gave a *** about what students were learning?

absolutely not other than to be a good worker be, shut up and do your job pretty much. So i graduated with my "certificate" no degree of course, now im not even a college graduate and I have #30k in debt... whatever I graduated UTI now I can go be a mechanic and make the big bucks. I got a job at an independant shop as an entry level tech.

fast forward a year later I got into a bad car accident(other drivers fault) was out of work for longer than 6 months due to recovery and I ended up losing my job. I have to say though I learned more in 1 year working in the automotive field then I ever did attending UTI. that was the end of my automotive career, because I could not find a job in the automotive industry around me due to only working for a year then having an employment gap of almost a year. I now have been working in Manufacturing for almost a decade, I am a production supervisor and my UTI "education" has not and will never do anything positive for me EVER.

I currently have 2 student loans one was oringally for 20k. So far I have paid back $21,232 on this $20k loan, and guess what the current principal balance is? yea... $19,939....

I had another $10k loan I have paid approximately $7,000 on this loan and guess what the principal balance is? yea... $13,961.. So..

this should be criminal, UTI is not a college and should not qualify for student loans. This is loan sharking.... Trust me I make more in manufacturing than I ever would have in the automotive industry and I still can't pay these student loans... Its ridiculous.

They are over priced and you absolutely positively DO NOT get your monies worth when you attend UTI... You are better off starting in a quick lube or an independant shop as a oil/tire guy and working your way up to to an actual tech by learning on the job from experienced wrenchers... I deserve a DEGREE for what's going to end up being over $100,000 when all is said and done. Unless UTI starts offering Degree programs, They should not be allowed utilize Student aid...

What these "for profit" schools are doing should be criminal.. I am now a debt slave for no reason Uti is nothing more than a money pit