Rating: 2 Stars Clear all filters (14 of 226 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Product:
Show
Rating:

Universal Technical Institute in Avondale, Arizona - Years later they say I never attended....

Hi Ann Hall/GlamorousRooster,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We would like to help with your transcript and graduation documentation. Someone from your former campus has attempted to reach you using the contact information that was provided. Please get back in touch with us when you have a moment so we can assist with this issue. Thank you.
Poor customer service
1.6

I graduated in 1997. I literally dressed up, walked in graduation, and have photos of the day...not to mention, my degree paper as well.

Years and years later, I wanted another copy of my transcript sent to a University (yes, I have a copy of that too) so I called. The lady tried looking me up several times and then vehemently told me that I never attended UTI!!! I still have student loans to this day that I am paying on and they do not acknowledge my attendance nor graduation. She said something about a fire...lost their paperwork...blah, blah, blah...but what happened to the digital records????

UTI received loan money. They profited.

I...now have no degree, according to them. I think I should have no loans then.

Universal Technical Institute - Mr. Delaney at Rancho

Hi Jason, while we are sorry to learn that your overall experience with UTI was not what you had hoped for, we are glad that you enjoyed your time with Mr. Delaney. We hope that you learned a lot and took full advantage of the education and the support services available to you. If there is anything that we can assist with, please contact the campus directly. Thank you.
Review
Pros
  • Instructors
Cons
  • Everything else
Good customer service
1.9

Great instructor when he can see over the desk. Alot of experience and knows what he is talking about, except the miata, he should never touch those.

but overall, if i had the choice id be happy with him as my instructor for every class. The school overall is not something i would do again knowing how it is here now, but Mr Delaney definitely helped keep me going and showed me what i actually came to learn.

I had his courses a few montsh ago and he still helps with the ones i need help in. ok well im out of stuff 100 words is ridiculous

Universal Technical Institute in Houston, Texas - For profit school that prays on our nations veterans

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience and will try to connect with you.
Review
Cons
  • Predatory on military
  • Teachers selling drugs to students
  • Accounting
Pricing issue
Loss
Preferred solution
corect the information being reported, and refund my "military tution deduc":
2.0

I attended this school for roughly 6 months- I had to with draw due to military orders. As a result I received a bill for 900 dollars " military tuition deduction".

It was sent to collections before I was made aware of it and paid off in collections. Now 3 years later, I call UTI because it now shows on my credit as a 637 dollar debt. and it shows it is an outstanding debt. I tried to call the so called school and get nothing but Uhmms and uhh's.

when I try to talk to the people in accounting I get nothing but voicemails and no returned calls. This school will no prepare you for any kind of job outside of a dealership structure.

don't buy in to the nonsense your recruiters try and press on you. Veterans- Do you self a favor and use your GI bill more wisely then I did at this business in disguise as a school.

Universal Technical Institute - Program Review

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute’s (UTI) Employment Services. We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. Though we do not have a placement program, please reach out to us in the future if you would like assistance finding employment.
Not as described/ advertised
2.1

Yes, the job placement program and statements about job placement are all lies, they never found me a job, they said if I did these extra programs I would get a job paying 37.50 per hour. This is untire and a outright lie

1.5
At NASCAR Tech, we strive to do the right things for students and provide a quality education that leads to good jobs and rewarding careers. We regret that you aren’t satisfied with your experience with UTI. We appreciated talking with you yesterday when we called in...
2.0
Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not...
Review

Universal Technical Institute in Sacramento, California - Bored student, terrible housing, dropped balls

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach out to you directly because your contact information was not provided. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. UTI offers assistance with obtaining housing for students as our campuses do not have traditional on site student living quarters. Please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns in person.
Review
Cons
  • Student services
  • Administrative staff
  • Conduct standards
Bad quality
Tags
  • uti universal technical institute
2.0

UTI is a school for kids who have NEVER had an auto body class, with limited experience with tools.

I felt my son was safe with the dress code, drug testing and student housing. WRONG!!

I was not able to resolve financial aid issues at the Sacramento campus. I had to call the one in Arizona. This was three weeks of my time.

I dropped my son off at school the first week of August. I had to fly out to Sacramento (from SLC) the last week of October. Something was wrong. My son had to move from his current apartment to another one with the boy who he shared his room with.

When I arrived, my son was depressed with dark circles under his eyes. Apparently, the other three boys had night classes. My son's were in the morning. They had been keeping him up all night with parties and over night guests (both of which are against the rules). The two other boys in the other room did not help clean. One of the had anger issues and was drawing penises on the items with permanent marker. His actually roommate drank almost every night. My son was the only one who worked.

When we went to move to the new apartment (the other parents were there as well) *** roaches, other bugs and an over flowing trash with mold greeted us. Along with an arrest warrant for one of the students. Drugs were being cooked in the apartment two doors down.

When we returned to the original apartment, the parents found a leaky kitchen faucet, broken chair and a filthy apartment. My son and his roommate confirmed, independent of each other that work orders had been placed and it was six weeks before they fixed it.

I called my son's recruiter. The other parents called the housing director who told them "Its Halloween weekend. I am at a softball game and cannot help you." I called my son's recruiter. He got on the ball he told me that the President of the school and the housing director would call me. They never have (three months later).

My son told me the rest of the story: he never had a pass to get on to the property at night. He spent six weeks parking on the street. His roommate were up all hours of the night with girls over. Alcohol was allowed in the apartment, as long as it was out of sight. He had been going to school and working six plus hours returning to a filthy place and a roommate screaming at him because he moved his melon.

My son has returned from UTI the first week of January. I have still not heard from the president, housing director. He has 5k in debt and learned NOTHING.

When I voiced my frustration to the academic adviser, the key phrase was "we dropped the ball." It is the go to phrase. UTI is very excited to tell you about the program. However, there is NO follow through. If you send your child here, prepare to have a full time job keeping the ball rolling.

Universal Technical Institute - Uti Education Review from Seagoville, Texas

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
Bad quality
1.5

this school its NOT WORTH its not like what they show on Tv a local community college will teach the same thing for less For (uti) hands on training means like 4 to 8 people in the same group trying to do one thing at the same time EX:Trying to change an injector, cylinder head, alternator, etc etc, and the labs are not that long so hardly anytime to get any practice

and most of the time we just read from a book and the next day we had a test about Thats total BS not worth it, rather just google *** up for free

plus i good a video from guys goofing too much on the labs not taking things serious and instructors dont really care plus they will give there Snap on speach for a good 30 minutes

Dont Attend UTI from DFW Trust Me its a bad school you will regret it

30,000 plus tools you need = 40,000 plus

thats a house right there

Contact Universal Technical Institute Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Universal Technical Institute, Inc.
16220 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 100
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
Phone:
(800) 834-7308
All Universal Technical Institute Contacts

Latest Question

Universal Technical Institute Questions
2.3
Thank you for providing feedback regarding Marine Mechanics Institute and Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your learning experience has not been a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service...