State: Texas City: Houston Product: Universal Technical Institute Program Clear all filters (4 of 59 reviews match)
filters
State:
City:
Product:
Testimonial
4.0
I see several students complaining about the school. What I see from them is they expect something for nothing. They did not put in 100% of their own effort and expect 110% result. I now instruct automotive at a community college and I am here to tell you that...
Universal Technical Institute Program
Pros
  • Vet center
Available information
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Houston, Texas - Terrible housing costs and no help with job placement

Hello, we are sorry your experience with housing and roommates was not to your satisfaction. We realize there are two sides to every story and would like to speak with you to learn more about this particular experience. Our goals are to continually improve our operations and we value input, both positive and constructive. We will continue to try and reach you to discuss further.
Bad quality
1.1

I went to uti houston in 2013-2014. Like others have said it was very easy.

Not.much to learn. I was in diesel industrial abd still have auto classes? There is a very big difference between the two. Housing costs were outrageous, almost 500 a month a person in a 2 bed apartment with 4 people.

For that we could have got a 5 bedroom house somewhere to rent.

Absolutely no job placement. I graduated and worked at a truck stop as a lube tech for.nearly a year then had to find my own job at a dealer as a tech and had to learn a lot that the school didnt nearly teach.

1.5
Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly...
Universal Technical Institute's reply to:

Universal Technical Institute in Houston, Texas - Worst Trade School Ever!!! Don't Waste Your Money

Hi, we have been trying to reach you but we haven't heard a response from you via email and we don't have a phone number to contact you. We will continue to try to connect as we would like to understand more about your particular circumstance to see if there's anything we can do to assist.
Universal Technical Institute Program
Cons
  • Money focus
  • Student services
  • Administrative staff
Not as described/ advertised
Preferred solution
Price reduction
Tags
  • Diesel Training
  • Universal Institute University

This is a Profit School! This school is only out to make a PROFIT and make $$$.

It's a fake school they don't even care about their student. They charge more than a community college and a University. On top of it all credits are NOT transferable, meaning you only stay with UTI. It's a scam..

As a parent have been very disappointed of their attitude, no support and the education they have been showing my son. He even said it was the worst decision ever. Professor are not teaching anything in class he feels is a waste of his time. They made it seem so interesting and the top of the notch equipment and manufacturers that has yet to be seen.

He should had gone to a 4 yr University. The staff act like they don't care and their attitude is unbelievable. I now been reading about UTI negative remarks I wish I would had found these before my son register there. I feel that was the wrong decision for my son.

Parents do not waste your money sending your child to this school is not going to be worth it down the line. Do your research on FOR-PROFIT colleges and save your money and a year of your life! The representatives are like salesman he told my son about he was going to help him get going and have everything in order so once my son signed the contract we never heard from him again plus the information he provided for us was incorrect. We left several messages for him never returned our phone calls back.

I was so upset driving up there for 4 hours and to get a lot of *** from the school that the representative didn't do his job correctly. There job is to get you to sign the application! and sign their contract!!! as long as the representative gets his money they don't give a hoot about your child or the parent.

Once you sign everything, nothing but empty promises after that you are on your own. On top of it all I am going up this weekend to pick up my son because he said is just plain *** and doesn't want to waste anymore of his time their at that school. Parents convince your child to go to a 4 yr degree instead of wasting their time at this (UTI) school that is not worth the money for the education that their giving to our child. As well as parent we think about long time so they can decide later on to add or get another degree is best to go to a university than UTI.

Not a happy parent at this moment!!!! Very upset and frustrated dealing with this school.

Contact Universal Technical Institute Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Universal Technical Institute, Inc.
16220 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 100