Product: Universal Technical Institute Customer Care Clear all filters (7 of 7 reviews match)
Filter by rating
filters
Seller:
State:
City:
Product:

Universal Technical Institute in Avondale, Arizona - Years later they say I never attended....

Hi Ann Hall/GlamorousRooster,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We would like to help with your transcript and graduation documentation. Someone from your former campus has attempted to reach you using the contact information that was provided. Please get back in touch with us when you have a moment so we can assist with this issue. Thank you.
Poor customer service
1.6

I graduated in 1997. I literally dressed up, walked in graduation, and have photos of the day...not to mention, my degree paper as well.

Years and years later, I wanted another copy of my transcript sent to a University (yes, I have a copy of that too) so I called. The lady tried looking me up several times and then vehemently told me that I never attended UTI!!! I still have student loans to this day that I am paying on and they do not acknowledge my attendance nor graduation. She said something about a fire...lost their paperwork...blah, blah, blah...but what happened to the digital records????

UTI received loan money. They profited.

I...now have no degree, according to them. I think I should have no loans then.

Universal Technical Institute - Mr. Delaney at Rancho

Hi Jason, while we are sorry to learn that your overall experience with UTI was not what you had hoped for, we are glad that you enjoyed your time with Mr. Delaney. We hope that you learned a lot and took full advantage of the education and the support services available to you. If there is anything that we can assist with, please contact the campus directly. Thank you.
Universal Technical Institute Customer Care
Pros
  • Instructors
Cons
  • Everything else
Good customer service
1.9

Great instructor when he can see over the desk. Alot of experience and knows what he is talking about, except the miata, he should never touch those.

but overall, if i had the choice id be happy with him as my instructor for every class. The school overall is not something i would do again knowing how it is here now, but Mr Delaney definitely helped keep me going and showed me what i actually came to learn.

I had his courses a few montsh ago and he still helps with the ones i need help in. ok well im out of stuff 100 words is ridiculous

Universal Technical Institute - This school was horrendously awful

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to speak with you directly about your experience and will try to connect with you by the contact information you provided.
Problems with payment
1.3

I went there and had a grant and financial aid and the whole 9 yards. Unfortunately events took place and had to leave, tried returning for months however my recruiter kept telling me several different things on how to return.

Got a hefty bill. Was told NOT to worry about it ( i have screenshots) and now i get calls from a debt collector. Uti is nothing but a scam. For the short time i was there my teacher showed passion for vehicles but his proffesionalism and his ability to teach were minimum in skill.

Im not talking about all institutions im just talking about the one in norwood. DONT GO THERE GO TO MASSBAY

Universal Technical Institute - Stay away from this institute of con artists and thugs

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. As a leading provider of training for students seeking careers as professional automotive, diesel, collision repair, motorcycle and marine technicians, UTI has graduated more than 200,000 technicians during more than 50 years in business. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers.
1.1

Enrolled my son, get to the norwood ma school, they tried making get student loans saying he did not have enough Venterans benifits to cover the cost. They said he would be 12000.00 over.

Was crap he was only 3000.00 and we told them it would be paid in cash when due. VA Benefits are post 9/11 meaing i gave him mine. Move to apartment was trash want to pull him at that time but he want this more than everything. Issues started at his apartment as he was housed with 3 others but all over the age of 24.

then he got called to student services , they claimed a complaint was made about *** smell around apartment. Which changed many times to fina,ly being the oldesr room mate report a *** smell in apartment after new room mate moved in. My kid was in office was told to take a drug test or sign a paper refusing to test, he asked if he could call some one or be excused they said no. He refused to the test and was told he would be put on phase break for 3 weeks and come back.

He sign thier policy at the time of this. He came home after calling was. We contacted the school and was told he is 18 and we can do nothing and he was suspened unitl he completes a drug program by thier approved professional. he would have to pay for him lease and this program out of his pocket.

Also he was told they would help him with a job in the field while at school and was not.. he got his own and the school asked him to fill out a referral form so they get credit for getting him a job. Which he did not do. His job was at a cadallic dealer as a tech passed a drug test their 10 days before all of this.

The sutdent service put down on him paper that he failed the drug test he refused to take ?? Had a meeting with the president and all staff. Student service thug thid kid with no rights to take a test or say he has a drug problem. Get to meeting student services story changing of fly as to what happened during meeting with my kid to the point the stated he smelled like ***...

he came directly from his job to the only has time to change into uti shirt from work. He refused the test because it is drug/ alcohol and his roomate gave him some the night before and did not want to get him in trouble. To make it short the seen nothing wrong with this as the violated his civil,criminal rights, made him sign under duress, intimidared and thug him, held him or imprisoned him till he made a choice, never offered him councel. Now hebhas no intrest in the field.

President only want him in the school like nothing happened and had no idea until the meeting. But still said he had to complete drug program. They belive the are in accordance with the law because of a hand book. Which does not give them the right to take away rights of the students.

There is more to these story but i have a lawer so. Also the same day he was put out when he got home was taken to military medical facility and passed a real law abiding drug test.

Stay away from this company that pray on young kid and dont care about them or the industry they only want your money. Also their manufacturer partnships are all pulling from the norwood location which could only mean one thing.

Universal Technical Institute in Rancho Cucamonga, California - Failure to protect

Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your experience was not a positive one. UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration and our customer service representative is attempting to reach out to you directly per your request. Our reputation is built not only on the quality of our training and instructors but also the success that UTI graduates experience in their careers. We will attempt to reach out to you.
Poor customer service

Was being stalked by another student with recorded statements of bodily harm and records of phone calls..my purse was stolen and they hid the cameras recorded evidence of who stole it.. they made me drop outta school while the stalker got to finish and get a degree...i had never missed one single day of class and was never late with good grades...

was promised not to have to pay anything back but now im in *** deep with them for thousands of dollars. Promised to help find me a job to help me through school-never happened. Promised tbey would call me back to school after the stalker graduated-never happened....even after all the evidence they still allowed him to stay in school and finish and then said i was the one who was a risk for the school???? Wtf??

They never kept their word at protecting the ones who really wanted the education.... as an older woman there should have been alot more respect and protection -it seemed as though they didnt want women in the school because they didnt want to deal with the possibilities of sexual harrassment i guess...but no matter if there is women or not there is still going to be some sort of harrassment.... i was done dirty and singled out because i was in my 40s and one of the very few female students in the rancho cucamunga,ca location.... they never wanted to help and never seemed to have time- was always an excuse...wheres the open door policy???

Wheres the counselors for students who really need to talk?? Wheres the protection when its really needed??? Its all a crock of *** for the money- once they get their money your mean nothing to them!! Add me to the lawsuit!!!!

I want them to feel the pain they have inflicted on me and my life...sleepless nights-depression from feeling like a failure-worry of not being able to make ends meet because they didnt keep their end of the deal- credit sucks because of their lies and i cant do nothing with poor credit due to their negligence...the list goes on and on...

ive been on antidepressants anxiety and panic meds...this really affected my life...this was to make my dad proud before he passed away and they caused me to fail myself and my dad and the thats a feeling that eats you up inside for life!!! Teresa Please email me

Testimonial
Growing up I was always fascinated by all different kinds of cars.As I got older, I wanted to get the education to learn more about the mechanics and how the vehicles worked. When I went to Kennett High School, I took vo-tech at the Technical College High School -...
Good customer service
1.3
Thank you for providing feedback regarding Universal Technical Institute (UTI). We are sorry your learning experience was not a positive one. While it is UTI’s sincere desire to understand your frustration, our customer service representative has not been able to reach...

Contact Universal Technical Institute Customer Service

Mailing Address:
Universal Technical Institute, Inc.
16220 N. Scottsdale Rd. Suite 100